mipafox

Are You Leaving NJ in the Next 5 Years?

253 members have voted

1. 1. Do you plan to leave NJ in the next 5 years?

• Yes
    • No
    • Already Gone
    • I'm a cop Yes
    • I'm a cop No

20 minutes ago, NJSigfan said:

Congrats!!  Beyond jealous here.  3 kids with the youngest in 4th grade.  Stuck in this hellhole for 8 more years 

I don't understand this. You are sentencing your children to liberal corruption, brainwashing, they will meet like minded friends, meet someone and marry here, you will never leave. For the children, move now!!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2018 at 9:06 PM, fishnut said:

I'm homeless!.......closed on our house in NJ today. Heading up to NH to look at a few houses next week hopefully!

We were in NH last week and looked at several homes. Found a great one, put in an offer and were currently under contract! 

No space for a home range but I'll have a huge garage!

• Like 2

Woohoo!  We put an offer in on a house in Windham, New Hampshire yesterday and it got accepted today!  

It will take a few months for the transaction to work it's way through the process but I expect to be an ex-NJ resident by the end of July.  Beyond excited.  Will miss some of the great things NJ offers but won't be sorry to leave.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

Woohoo!  We put an offer in on a house in Windham, New Hampshire yesterday and it got accepted today!  

It will take a few months for the transaction to work it's way through the process but I expect to be an ex-NJ resident by the end of July.  Beyond excited.  Will miss some of the great things NJ offers but won't be sorry to leave.

Congratulations! You will love it up here, I already do. Once the locals find out your a gun guy you will be accepted. Everyone carries up this way, mostly due to the bears though. 

Made steps towards the move

Got my storage unit for guns

Looking at temporary rental. (Toured 2 this week)

I have to leave my job for 2 years then I can pull funds. Then I’ll buy a house in cash

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plan to leave in the next five years, HA!!!  I am planning to leave in just over three weeks.  Last one to leave please turn off the lights, oh wait don't bother NJ will pay for it with other people's money.

• Like 1

True story.

Two weeks ago we met neighbors from across the street at our house in PA. Learned both were from NJ, both teachers.

OK, yes, I thought "uh oh, what have we got here?". Every PA person I've met so far has been pro gun. Really amazing. But will these two break the streak?

When we said something about having been shooting that day the husband blurted out "do you know something about guns?" Yes, I know something.

So it turns out he has two revolvers I believe he inherited that are quite old, and he'd like me to help him check them out. The wife was also quite interested in them. So I'll be getting together with him (or them), take them to the PA range I joined and check them out. Not one hesitation or funny look. Genuine interest in firearms (and other topics as well).

So the streak goes on.

2 minutes ago, 45Doll said:

True story.

Two weeks ago we met neighbors from across the street at our house in PA. Learned both were from NJ, both teachers.

OK, yes, I thought "uh oh, what have we got here?". Every PA person I've met so far has been pro gun. Really amazing. But will these two break the streak?

When we said something about having been shooting that day the husband blurted out "do you know something about guns?" Yes, I know something.

So it turns out he has two revolvers I believe he inherited that are quite old, and he'd like me to help him check them out. The wife was also quite interested in them. So I'll be getting together with him (or them), take them to the PA range I joined and check them out. Not one hesitation or funny look. Genuine interest in firearms (and other topics as well).

So the streak goes on.

One of my new neighbors stopped by to introduce himself. Turns out he's the speaker of the house Gene chandler. We were chatting and he mentioned that I should probably carry a gun whenever outside because of the large black bear population around my house. I showed him that I had a  J frame in  a pocket holster. He said great! The neighborhood was afraid that a jersey liberal moved in haha. I love living here!

1 hour ago, Shawnmoore81 said:

And I filled and suv with guns

Yeah I broke a few transportation laws emoji23.png

79c03a293a9499bba33206ebe0d45422.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Where are you going?

12 hours ago, fishnut said:

Congratulations! You will love it up here, I already do. Once the locals find out your a gun guy you will be accepted. Everyone carries up this way, mostly due to the bears though. 

I'm hoping...   I don't know the politics of Windham yet but the few people I've met already were great.  The township officials are friendly and helpful.  My only concern is Windham is a commuting suburb for Boston for anyone looking to escape MA but still live close enough to work.  Nice neighborhood, enough property for us without being too much, and enough usable land for me to put up my workshop.  Not saving any money on the house though.

I'd like to say I'm moving because of the anti-2A stance in NJ but that's just not the case - it's only one of the factors (and a small one at that).  While the dems are anti, they're even more so now because its one of the only issues they can do something about.  They use it to APPEAR to be doing something.  I don't think even they believe the shit they're shoveling.  Frankly, I'm tired of being blamed by the dems for being successful and at the same time having to pay for all their wish lists in the cities.  What I save in taxes - income, property, sales - in the first year will pay for the move.

17 minutes ago, mustang69 said:

I'm hoping...   I don't know the politics of Windham yet but the few people I've met already were great.  The township officials are friendly and helpful.  My only concern is Windham is a commuting suburb for Boston for anyone looking to escape MA but still live close enough to work.  Nice neighborhood, enough property for us without being too much, and enough usable land for me to put up my workshop.  Not saving any money on the house though.

I'd like to say I'm moving because of the anti-2A stance in NJ but that's just not the case - it's only one of the factors (and a small one at that).  While the dems are anti, they're even more so now because its one of the only issues they can do something about.  They use it to APPEAR to be doing something.  I don't think even they believe the shit they're shoveling.  Frankly, I'm tired of being blamed by the dems for being successful and at the same time having to pay for all their wish lists in the cities.  What I save in taxes - income, property, sales - in the first year will pay for the move.

Yeah I hear you. I did not move away from NJ because for 2A reasons at all. That's just icing on the cake. I paid more quarterly in NJ property tax than I pay yearly up here. Then add the savings of no state Income tax and sales tax. Our car and homeowners insurance is 50% cheaper than NJ also! Believe it or not gas prices are just about the same or a little cheaper than New Jersey too. The school in our town is in the top 10th percentile in the nation and a blue ribbon school of exelence. To top it off I live less than a mile from white mountian national forest so the opportunity for outdoor activities are basically in our backyard! 

My only regret is not moving here sooner but we had elderly family obligations for the past 10 years so we could not move sooner. 

FYI the owner of the local gun shop told me that in NH if you are a gun owner you are expected to carry!

• Like 1

I certainly can appreciate the Live Free or Die motto NH lives by, but doesn't it worry you that it has been progressively turning into a blue state? It's voted blue for many many years, i'm surprised the state hasn't seen the blue death within like place such as Colorado. 

1 hour ago, JackDaWack said:

I certainly can appreciate the Live Free or Die motto NH lives by, but doesn't it worry you that it has been progressively turning into a blue state? It's voted blue for many many years, i'm surprised the state hasn't seen the blue death within like place such as Colorado. 

Doesn’t sound like he’s worried. I wouldn’t be either.

22 minutes ago, carl_g said:

Doesn’t sound like he’s worried. I wouldn’t be either.

But thats what i'm curious about, why no worry? 

Look to your left, right, up, down. ALL BLUE. Look to yourself, mostly Blue.

Their US Senators and Reps are democrats. I know many areas are republican and pro gun, but they seem to be getting out number as time moves on.

The state house is majority republican, but in 2010 it wasn't. And the state Senate is almost split. 

9 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

But thats what i'm curious about, why no worry? 

Look to your left, right, up, down. ALL BLUE. Look to yourself, mostly Blue.

Their Senators and Reps are democrats. I know many areas are republican and pro gun, but they seem to be getting out number as time moves on.

The state house is majority republican, but in 2010 it wasn't.

As compared to the red state he is moving out of??? No comparison. 

5 minutes ago, carl_g said:

As compared to the red state he is moving out of??? No comparison. 

Speaking purely in terms of today, I agree. That's not to say it wont be changing in the immediate future as the massholes move in to reap benefits of cheap living. 

Thank god they have the majority right now, because they just blocked a bunch of gun bills. Lets see if they maintain that majority in the coming elections. 

21 minutes ago, JackDaWack said:

Speaking purely in terms of today, I agree. That's not to say it wont be changing in the immediate future as the massholes move in to reap benefits of cheap living. 

Thank god they have the majority right now, because they just blocked a bunch of gun bills. Lets see if they maintain that majority in the coming elections. 

I see what you are saying and I guess you could sit around and worry that we are going to get hit with a meteor and vanquish like the dinosaurs (stay in NJ) or you could move to a better place, enjoy it and make the best of what you got. Two schools of thought there... 

I agree with you on this one NH has a very good chance of falling. VT has fallen. Same with the rest of New England except for Maine. As more people from NY/NJ move to NH it will fall as well. It won't be the fault of just the Liberals, but also the Not Single Issue Voting Firearms Owners too. The type that won't vote for a Republican because he is too religious or against abortion, and instead vote for the Dem who claims to be Pro-2A, until the rest of the party tells them to vote the party line.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk