Paltik

How do you guys carry in America?

I carry in the only acceptable method in New Jersey...............

In the trunk of my car,unloaded with a trigger lock in yet another locked armored box with a 60 decibel alarm while driving 10 miles under the speed limit, making no stops,biting my fingernails to the quick while reciting the Lord's Prayer, monitoring all the Police frequencies,the weather channel and my horoscope with thumb on the speed dial of my I Phone  programmed with Nappens's number.

Mags and ammo follow in secured WW 2 era footlocker on a  Baptist church bus registered in Washington DC with 14 orphans from North Korea.

I don't get to shoot much..........................

IWB 4:00

Why do you carry left side OWB/OC and right side IWB? Cross draw?

A few reasons. First, because I have stuff all over my waist. My reload is on the right (it requires SMG magpul plate because I am disabled). If I carry another gun on my left it won't work with all my pants. I will end up spending my day pulling them up all the time with some pants. Another reason is you would not expect me to have a BUG on my right. A third reason is if I can't get to one side due to my limited mobility or a struggle I have a weapon on the other side.

After years of poking fun at it , I actually tried one out at our holster show , and I have to say Flashbang for the win! Sorry boys :) Or a small King Tuk if it is winter and I am wearing enough of a jacket . For some girls it is REALLY hard to CC IWB. If you have any kind of curvey waist the grip shows through most shirts. I don't like any kind of off the body carry like a purse. I have accidentally left my purse places before , but I generally come home with my undergarments and pants ( well , since 1990 or so ) .

My friend has a Flashbang and it works really well for her. Conceals well and is almost as fast as a standard draw from concealed holster worn on the hip. It is much better than ankle, pocket, or off body/purse carry. The only real downsides I see with it is if you move too quickly/out of control you can get your shirt in the way of your face/sight line and lose situational awareness for a second and you can cover body parts with the muzzle during the draw if you aren't careful, especially if you are well endowed.

Occasionally OWB in a leather belt holster I made myself.  I couldn't find one that rode high enough to make me feel like I wasn't showing every time I lifted my shirt.  I came across a holster design that I soft of became obsessed with at an antique shop - but it wouldn't fit my gun.  so I copied that design and made one myself.

But most of the time, I just carry a .380 in my front right pocket in a pocket holster.  I really have a personality that likes things simple and uncomplicated. I like the world clean, uncluttered, and simple.  And pocket carry fits my feelings.  The pocket's there already, it's right in reach, it requires nothing extra.  I just have to move my car keys to the other side - no big deal.

A few weeks ago, I discovered an advantage to pocket carry that I had not considered.  I was out of town and had to make an emergency (well maybe just urgency) run to an all night pharmacy.  I found one and it was not in the best neighborhood.  It was about 1:00 am.  There was a group of 20 somethings hanging around the front door doing there best to look thuggy so I parked several spaces away.  As I walked to the door, two of these individuals started walking toward me with a posture and determination that frankly scared me.  It was one of the situations where It would have been premature and highly inappropriate to show my firearm but a few steps later, it might be too late to reach for it.

Being in my pocket, I was able to put my hand around the grip - just in case.  If I had been carrying anywhere else, this would have been difficult.  They ended up just hassling me verbally for cab fare.  They may have decided to stand down when they noticed my posture and that I reached for something unknown as they approached.  Maybe it would have turned out to be nothing either way but I was glad my gun was where I could get a grip on it discretely.

If higher than 100F, LWS380 in his pocket. If under 100F, Shield.

Ah, as in 100˚F  (he being in the Phx. area).... :)

What makes the weapon "temperature sensitive?" 

Sorry... I'm still learning this stuff.... :)

Yes. Temperature and clothing makes me carry differently. I generalized my previous post.

I don't carry when I play golf, swim, or sleep. I am still looking for that ultimate flat flexible waterproof pistol.