EWC88

Robin Williams

R.I.P to I think a amazing comedian/actor. Far as everything I have seen it was a suicide probably in the form of hanging which is horrible. Sadly it shows money doesn't make you happy as some think.

R.I.P to I think a amazing comedian/actor. Far as everything I have seen it was a suicide probably in the form of hanging which is horrible. Sadly it shows money doesn't make you happy as some think.

The reports I've seen, so far, only indicate "suicide by asphyxiation"  as a preliminary cause, subject to a full forensic exam and tox screen.  Asphyxia by hanging is especially horrible. I guess a lot depends on your "success formula" in life (remember the children's board game, "Careers")?  Fortune is only one component. The others are "Fame" and "Happiness."  I can only guess he felt a deficit  in one of those.  It reminds me of his routine in his "Reality... What a concept" album - "Come inside my mind"  NSFW - Language

If there is any good to be extracted from this tragedy, at least the anti's can't make anything out of it...

It's also being discussed over at the 1st Amendment Forum...just FYI for those that don't check there, or use "New Content" link and won't see.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/71452-robin-williams-dead-being-treated-as-a-suicide/

It's also being discussed over at the 1st Amendment Forum...just FYI for those that don't check there, or use "New Content" link and won't see.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/71452-robin-williams-dead-being-treated-as-a-suicide/

Didn't know that, sorry. Also what's the pass to get in?

Extremely a sad day. Saw almost everything he did. Never failed to put me in hysterics... I always thought when I first saw him, "This man is on a natural high with energy over flowing, wish I had his power and brilliance.."... I got tired just watching him perform. His on stage energy was astounding... I wonder now, how such a great individual that shown so much love and had so much love given in return, needed to end his life. Why the drugs, booze, etc... Why anything. He was a God of comedy.

R.I.P. man and ................... Nanu Nanu!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdz4dCMGbbw

Thua quote sums up how i feel about celebrities.

“Mickey Mantle? Is that what you’re upset about? Mickey Mantle makes $100 thousand dollars a year. How much does your father make? See If your father can’t pay the rent go ask Mickey Mantle and see what he tells you. Mickey Mantle don’t care about you, so why should you care about him. Nobody cares”  Insert celebrity name where mickey mantle is

Thua quote sums up how i feel about celebrities.

“Mickey Mantle? Is that what you’re upset about? Mickey Mantle makes $100 thousand dollars a year. How much does your father make? See If your father can’t pay the rent go ask Mickey Mantle and see what he tells you. Mickey Mantle don’t care about you, so why should you care about him. Nobody cares”  Insert celebrity name where mickey mantle is

Precisely. I met Robin once. Very nice, quiet guy. Sorry there won't be any more comedy from him but it's difficult for me to lament on someone that has everything removing themselves from this world.

C

Everybody on social media is all but canonizing him a saint. Yeah , he was funny and talented. And it is sad , I know his fans felt like they "knew" him.

If this was suicide - that means ultimately he put his addictions and his need to escape ahead of caring about the rest of the lives of people who loved him. More than feeling feel sorry for him , I feel sorry for his kids who will feel stigmatized even though it is not their fault. I feel sorry for his wife who saw him alive at 10am and then dead hours later. She will spend the rest of her life wondering what would have happened if she "knew" he was going to do that. 

Yes , Addiction is a disease . I have found throughout life ( and I grew up in Kearny where we actually have a freakin webpage to keep track of who is dead ) that the kids who wound up addicted/dead had a common denominator as children long before they got into it..they were usually self centered as an inherant part of their personality. At the end of the day addiction and suicide means that to that person their self gratification is/was the most important thing in the world to them.

I have ALL the respect in the world for recovered addicts and for people who never give up trying to treat their depression. I have none for those that choose to ruin the rest of the lives of theri love ones because they can't hack it anymore or can't say no to feeling good .

And most ironically , one of his better Dramas ( in my opinion ) was "World's Greatest Dad" where the culmination was in the end he was disgusted by a supposed suicide act ( his son's) leading to everybody glorifying the deceased. He was far better at serious roles than comedy . His stand ups were good though. Shame , all around.

AP is now tweeting that the Marin County Sheriff's office confirms Williams  hung/strangled himself. He was found by his personal assistant with a belt looped around his neck. :(

Indeed, Robin Williams will be missed.  As others have noted, I was always awed by his comic energy.  He could take an inert object and go off and improvise 10 minutes of comedy from it.  What an incredible talent!

It's interesting to note what seems to be a high incidence of depression among comics.  Lenny Bruce and more recently Richard Jenni are two suicides that come quickly to mind.  Rodney Dangerfield was also chronically depressed, although he lived a long life.  Going back, there was the crying clown of opera, Pagliacci, of whom I heard some references last night.

AP is now tweeting that the Marin County Sheriff's office confirms Williams  hung/strangled himself. He was found by his personal assistant with a belt looped around his neck. :(

They found him on the floor with a belt around his neck? Suicide?

This reminds me of the line from Analyse This, "The guy stabbed himself in the back twice then through himself off the roof".

They found him on the floor with a belt around his neck? Suicide?

This reminds me of the line from Analyse This, "The guy stabbed himself in the back twice then through himself off the roof".

The sheriff's spokesperson said he was found in a seated position - Here is the Press Conference...