greatgunstatenj

Sons of Guns Star Arrested

Well it looks like abuse seems to run in the family. I just read that Kris and Stephanie were arrested for cruelty to their child!! This family certainly has it's issues.  I wonder how many more skeletons are hiding in their closets!!!

http://www.tmz.com/2014/10/24/sons-of-guns-stars-stephanie-hayden-kris-ford-arrested-cruelty-child/

Chris and Stephanie were arrested for whooping their kid with a belt. I don't know how old the child is, but my dad definitely whooped my ass before.

Article I think said 9.... But got that crap right. Bit of old school there, (not our forum member, lol)...

Let's see, cat of nine tails, belts with or without buckles, wooden ball paddles, garden hose, iron cords, those 3foot long salad spoons your parents hung up for devoration, (or for when King Kong came to dinner).. When all else failed, five fingered butt prints. Sheesh... Kids don't know how easy they got it today.

I was probably one of the worst kids ever, my old man used a belt on my ass numerous times throughout my childhood. I can honestly say I'm sure I deserved it. It taught me there is consequences to your actions, either positive or negative. Its how kids learn to make the right decisions in life. Some kids are just great kids and never need a smack on the ass, then there are kids that are pure evil a lot like I was. I needed physical guidance to become who I am today. These days I believe the only physical punishment that can be doled out to a child is an open hand smack on the butt and that's it. Hitting a kid with anything else anyplace else can land you in a courtroom quickly. Times have changed immensely since I grew up in the 80's.

I got my Dad's leather belt across the legs.  I figured-out how NOT to get into trouble after that.  Kids, especially boys, test their imposed "borders".  Once learned, this life's lesson is passed-on from Father to offspring.  No big deal.

I don't know what exactly happened here in this case, but from the looks of these mug shots Stephanie looks VERY stressed.  Could be losing sleep over her Dad's issue or she could be a junkie??  Only time will tell!

Ahh the wooden spoon and the glorious "wait until your father gets home". Strangely I never (seriously) recall my father hitting either of us. The threat was more than enough.

I recognize that there's a fine line between discipline and abuse; however, if you believe that you can talk out situations with a child whose brain and emotions are not fully developed yet...

Hell, my dad would grab the nearest instrument of pain, usually the broom stick or the belt. Didn't have to do it often, but one whack and I knew better! Greatest man I ever knew, taught me respect from day one. Today he would be in jail. SMH, sad world we now live in.

?..the glorious "wait until your father gets home"...

You can blame that cliche' on the tv series, same name... Heard it all the time. I was immune to my mom's whacks... She was very petite. So I heard it quite often.

Hell, my dad would grab the nearest instrument of pain, usually the broom stick or the belt. Didn't have to do it often, but one whack and I knew better! Greatest man I ever knew, taught me respect from day one. Today he would be in jail. SMH, sad world we now live in.

Was your dad strung out on meth? I think there's more to this arrest than a belt from the looks of them.

I was never hit and I never hit. I would like to think my son and I turned out well. I grew up not knowing to fear God. I was taught that He was a loving God.

As I grow older and wiser, I do think that mental discipline is superior to physical discipline. Deprivation is a good tool to use.

Flame away.

I was never hit and I never hit. I would like to think my son and I turned out well. I grew up not knowing to fear God. I was taught that He was a loving God. As I grow older and wiser, I do think that mental discipline is superior to physical discipline. Deprivation is a good tool to use. Flame away.

No reason for flames. Don't want to come to fear God. But I think the original reference whomever spoke it first was meant to mean something like referring to what God can do. Noah got the gist of that.

I guess it depends where you were brought up. If your kid was good without the physical punishment, you were the lucky few. But after a few bouts of Dad's wrath, you turn out well or face the consequences. Usually didn't take too long. Both types of punishment whether physical or mental has the word Insanity attached. Trying to punish a kid either way and it not working could easily drive people in the wrong direction. I've seen kids that really should have been put away. Parents tried everything right down to drugs like Ridelin,(sp?)... Nothing worked. Ok, back on track. I apologize for being off topic of sort.

When i was young and plotting a mischievous stunt the final thought before performing such an act was how bad my @$$ was going to hurt afterwards.

Did i deserve a beating? more then often i got of light with a sore tushy.

Bahahahaha! He said 'tushy'... :D

I'm not a parent, but my father taught me to own up to my mistakes and realize that each and every action has consequences. I was never hit and rarely reprimanded. It was drilled into my head that by being 'dumb' and 'immature', I'd be pissing away my life and future and I'll have to live with that.

I think I turned out okay :)

First her father's charges and now this... I wonder what else will unfold about the family. I hate admitting this, but I genuinely used to like this show and follow it diligently and thought they had a very good family/business dynamic.

I stopped watching it when they started selling shet already made like it was the latest thing since weaponry. One show comes to mind where the sheriffs wanted a tactical AR with a shotgun mounted to the bottom of it.

Known under various names like the Master Key, (been around since Nam), he made them from scratch and sold them at some unheard of price. The sheriff loved it so much, he wanted more. Down right BS? Most likely. How stupid do they think gun enthusiasts are? With some crazy price tag and the dept. wanted several more, if I were a citizen down there, I'd wonder what they were doing with tax payer money.

Also couldn't stomach that dumass Kriss. The whole show made us sane gun owners look like arseholes. It's no wonder the antis think we are all crazy.