Dan

Motorcycle riders - central NJ

Hi All,

I just wanted to float a message here for any motorcycle riders in the central NJ area that would like to get together for occasional rides. Sure I could try motorcycle forums and sites, but in my experience, the gun/2A crowd has always been a good group.

With life being what it is, my usual group of riders have either sold their bikes or schedules get in the way too many times during the short riding season we have. I figure expanding that group would be a great chance to meet good people and increase the odds!

I'm located in Old Bridge and ride a BMW K1300S. I'm down for anything from a few hours to all day trips of 6+ hours in the saddle. My style is best described as "sport touring" , and enjoy riding with anything from cruisers to sportbikes.  My typical availability is sat or sun weather and commitment contingent. I usually know by Wed that week if I can get away a weekend day.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if interested in getting together for a ride!

I thought all the research said motorcycle helmets provide insufficient protection to reduce head or brain injury and probably increase risk of injury overall when all factors are considered.

I think I'd wear one, too, kinda like a reserve chute. Just a security blanket. Plus I figure road rash on the head would suck.

I thought all the research said motorcycle helmets provide insufficient protection to reduce head or brain injury and probably increase risk of injury overall when all factors are considered.

I think I'd wear one, too, kinda like a reserve chute. Just a security blanket. Plus I figure road rash on the head would suck.

Never seen any research that even remotely comes close to the results you are referring to. Do you have links to this research? Think of it this way. . .do you want to crash and have the full force of impact on your head or would you rather have a properly designed helmet with EPS foam designed to compress and take up some of the impact?

If you're talking about those soup bowl helmets that some people wear just so they don't get a ticket then I can understand. When I refer to a helmet I mean a full face DOT and Snell approved helmet.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Check it out. South jersey shooting club. Second annual motorcycle gun run. Sept 27. Start at bangers and ride to other ranges. They supply the firearms and ammo. It looks like its gonna be big this year. I hear beretta and afew other large companies are sponsoring it. Also it says 100 percent of profit goes to wounded warriors. Check out bangers website. Its on it. Im doing it with a few friends.

I got an 02 Vfr. Wife has an 03 BMW cs. Street bikes haven't been ridden in awhile. I'll hit you up when we get back on those saddles...

Zeke, definately hit me up. My last bike was a 2008 VFR, was a great bike.

Hey I'm located in Bridgewater with a couple 2a riders up here. If you wanna get a ride goin during the weekend I'm definitely interested.

Mike, sounds good. I'll fire you a PM at least a few days before when I know I can have a sat or sunday free.

For the rest who responded, thanks for all the info on trips and ride events.

Check it out. South jersey shooting club. Second annual motorcycle gun run. Sept 27. Start at bangers and ride to other ranges. They supply the firearms and ammo. It looks like its gonna be big this year. I hear beretta and afew other large companies are sponsoring it. Also it says 100 percent of profit goes to wounded warriors. Check out bangers website. Its on it. Im doing it with a few friends.

Link???