gnardesigner

Guns & Roses in Toms River

I have purchased 2 fire arms now from them and I have to say that both times have been a real pleasure.  My very first purchase was a Smith & Wesson sd9ve and they gave me a great deal on it.  After a new guide rod and trigger kit I have to say I really enjoy that still to this day.  I went it on thursday to pick up a high point carbine in 9mm.  After all the bad reviews I read online and people telling me to stay away from them I went out on the farm with some friends who had 2 one in .45 and one in 9mm.  He said he put both through insane loads without cleaning and never had any issue with either and has owned both for some time.  I said screw it I can get one cheap enough and with the Green/red dot scope why not.  I have to say for an inexpensive fire arm it is a real blast to take to the range.  Joe over at G&R was a seriously nice guy who really hooked me up.  i could of spent all day in there just looking and holding different things.  They have a healthy stock and do layaway also.  Hats off to them guys over there for being such a great shop!

I bought from joe as well. No issues at all. He has a gold mine there. Every time I am in there a widow is there from the senior developments selling their husbands guns.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's funny, when I was in there he had an elderly woman in there trying to sell him a few of her late husbands items.

Joe used to be about quick turn over, keep everyone happy, make a profit, keep a customer. He is not the only one deciding prices these days in his shop and that has led to "internet pricing", which has me decide to go elsewhere. I used to buy and sell in there every week, and yes the senior selling traffic is something to see, but he threw me a price on a gun a widow has just came in with that made my head spin. Of course he is free to make his own prices, when the rest of the shop lets him, but financially he lost a customer who gave him much more profit than he would have made off that one sale, hes a nice guy, but he lost me.

• Like 1

I have had enough of this BS from a few of you. First off: gungun1960 You sir are mistaken. That gun was sold to me by a retired Seaside Heights PO. You wanted the S&W model 41 for less than half book value after I paid out for 3 guns. Second: Blake do me a favor a take your tire-kicking-price-checking attitude somewhere else. Third: and not last Scorpio64, ignorance apparently is not lost on you. All of our prices are marked in our shop MSR plus Tax plus NICS. We tell anyone who asks about an item what we can sell said item for if they inquire. Joe Hawk (732)407-6500 [email protected]

The worst thing is talking to them about the stuff. You get from them how hard they have it making ends meet. I do not need to steal from people. I offer them whatever I can, period. What is disgusting is the trolling done by some on here who make themselves out to be holier-than-thou and will then try to steal from these people in a blink. I have ZERO to hide. My name, number, email address is all out there for everyone who has any question whatsoever. I, along with most all of the other FFL dealers will sell a firearm for as little over cost as possible as long as we make something to keep the light on, etc..

• Like 1

Joe I respect you, Everytime I've been in there and when I just got the high point carbine 9mm you took the time to give me the best deal you could. When I was in there an elderly woman brought in a real old knife of her late husbands and you spent way more time talking to her and seeing what you could do for her then any of the bigger gun stores would of. You've been a hell of a guy each time I was in there.

Joe I respect you, Everytime I've been in there and when I just got the high point carbine 9mm you took the time to give me the best deal you could. When I was in there an elderly woman brought in a real old knife of her late husbands and you spent way more time talking to her and seeing what you could do for her then any of the bigger gun stores would of. You've been a hell of a guy each time I was in there.

This means more to me than 100 sales. Thank you.

Joe just a question why would you not mark the guns for what they sell for or even a little more Scorpio just said what you confirmed he came in looked at the gun and said it was marked MSRP . I have never seen another store put the price of the nics and tax on the tags. If I came in and saw the gun marked at that price I would think the same thing. I am not trying to attack you just wondering what the logic is behind that.

• Like 1

Second: Blake do me a favor a take your tire-kicking-price-checking attitude somewhere else.

I have been called lots of things but a tire kicker has never been one of them lol.

My comment actually had nothing to do with my personal experience at your shop but rather stemmed from several people I had spoken with in person that mentioned their experience in your place.

The irony in the tire kicker statement is that when I was in your shop I would have taken the cash out of my pocket to puchase the $2600 pistol in your cabinet had it been available to purchase, but you said it was spoken for. Even though it was several hundred dollars over msrp it was in line with current market value, and I am happy to pay current market value for anything I buy.

I dont intend this to come across snarky, because that isnt the intent. I have nothing against you or your shop and I hope you guys do well. I was not aware of your policy that the guns dont sell for what they are marked at bc as stated above, its not a common practice in any other store I have been in.

If you were to to pay MSR plus Tax and NCIS that is what is shown on the ticket. There is a multitude of reasons for this. Better to not play games with suggested pricing, "market conditions" I.e. scarcity, rarity, demand and all types of BS. The price is the price. It is always negotiable or it is a fixed book value. Very few show you "the" book.

If you were to to pay MSR plus Tax and NCIS that is what is shown on the ticket. There is a multitude of reasons for this. Better to not play games with suggested pricing, "market conditions" I.e. scarcity, rarity, demand and all types of BS. The price is the price. It is always negotiable or it is a fixed book value. Very few show you "the" book.

Hmmm...  So  tagging merchandise at full retail plus other charges with wheeling and dealing on top for those who know what the actual market price is not playing games?  Sorry man, I don't buy that.  I've been in sales for 30 years and I know exactly how you do business.  I'll pass (and I did) , thank you.  Sounds to me like noobs get taken for full retail and those who know what the price should be get a better deal.  btw, my original comment was about the shops pricing policy, it was nothing personal.  However, you took it personal and went and took the ad hominem rout.  You are a class act. 

Hmmm...  So  tagging merchandise at full retail plus other charges with wheeling and dealing on top for those who know what the actual market price is not playing games?  Sorry man, I don't buy that.  I've been in sales for 30 years and I know exactly how you do business.  I'll pass (and I did) , thank you.  Sounds to me like noobs get taken for full retail and those who know what the price should be get a better deal.  btw, my original comment was about the shops pricing policy, it was nothing personal.  However, you took it personal and went and took the ad hominem rout.  You are a class act.

I was recently pricing Ruger American Predators and saw that G&R is selling them for almost full retail. F that.

When YOU add "F that" at the end of your statement anyone would take it personal and it does show you are the class act.

• Like 1

Joe used to be about quick turn over, keep everyone happy, make a profit, keep a customer. He is not the only one deciding prices these days in his shop and that has led to "internet pricing", which has me decide to go elsewhere. I used to buy and sell in there every week, and yes the senior selling traffic is something to see, but he threw me a price on a gun a widow has just came in with that made my head spin. Of course he is free to make his own prices, when the rest of the shop lets him, but financially he lost a customer who gave him much more profit than he would have made off that one sale, hes a nice guy, but he lost me.

Regardless of which gun you inquired about, if the price on one gun was high and all the other deals were good what would make you go somewhere else? If you are who I think you are I really worked VERY hard to put you into that Browning Citori. I think your comment is very unfair. IMHO

SNEAKY, and he has a plan, buyer def. beware of that smile on his face. and if u do a layaway don't miss a payment if he needs money and gave you a great deal cause he will sell that gun right out from under the bus he threw you under.  god bless be safe. concerned shooter...