jtd771

Newark Airport Long Term Parking

I use Park plus.  I've never had any issues.   $9/day without coupon and if you get on their list, they are always running some kind of special that saves a few bucks.

https://www.parkplusairportparking.com/location/newark-airport-parking/

I've used The Parking Spot (both The Parking Spot 2 and The Parking Spot Haynes) and love them.  Fantastic.  Shuttles every few minutes.  I've never had to wait more than a couple of minutes even when coming in during the middle of the night from a late international flight.  Cheap, and half the time I print out coupons from the airline website.

Highly recommended.

Has anyone used and can recommend an off site parking option for Newark Airport that is less expensive than Newark's P6 Long Term Lot rate?  

How long are you going to be away?  If a longer time, might it be less expensive to do a limmo? This way, your car stays at home (driveway or garage, or whatever) and it might help a little with security...(i.e. make people thinking you're still "at home" if they see your parked car). 

How long are you going to be away?  If a longer time, might it be less expensive to do a limmo? This way, your car stays at home (driveway or garage, or whatever) and it might help a little with security...(i.e. make people thinking you're still "at home" if they see your parked car). 

It makes sense depending on how far he is from the airport and how long the trip is.  I live up in the boonies in Sussex and my company gets me a car every time I travel on Business.  It's $140 each way but it's a "luxury" limo service, the local "taxi" is still $105.   Even if you lived nearby and the cost was $50ish a trip + tip , you're looking at at 2 weeks for break even.   On a really long term haul, I'd probably find a friend or something unless the return trip was at a really awful hour.

It makes sense depending on how far he is from the airport and how long the trip is.  I live up in the boonies in Sussex and my company gets me a car every time I travel on Business.  It's $140 each way but it's a "luxury" limo service, the local "taxi" is still $105.   Even if you lived nearby and the cost was $50ish a trip + tip , you're looking at at 2 weeks for break even.   On a really long term haul, I'd probably find a friend or something unless the return trip was at a really awful hour.

I too live in Sussex but unfortunately my company will only pay for parking and not shuttle service due to the cost.  We pass on the parking fees to our customers as part of our project costs but I'd like to do what I can to save them a few dollars.  

Thanks for the suggestions everyone.  I'm going to look into the recommendations.

I too live in Sussex but unfortunately my company will only pay for parking and not shuttle service due to the cost.  We pass on the parking fees to our customers as part of our project costs but I'd like to do what I can to save them a few dollars.  

Understood. :)  I had a company mgr. once that refused to let me take a limmo to the airport just to fly up to Canada on a "day trip."  He'd rather I take public transportation to the airport on the evening "before" the meeting, and then stay overnight in a hotel (in Canada), so I could attend the meeting the next morning and return home that afternoon to take public transportation home, even though it was "twice" the expense of the limmo. His explanation: "It just wouldn't look good for someone not at a manager level to be taking limmos." :crazy:  It's like the old Dilbert cartoon where the accounting dragon refuses Dilbert's expense report for getting a cheaper hotel rate by staying over the weekend instead of coming home on Friday.... ("Saturday was not a business related activity...")..   :facepalm:

I've used these guys a few times and have been very happy with them. Very polite and professional.

They pick you up at your terminal. Some companies make you take the monorail to a checkpoint to be picked up.

http://www.longtermparking.com/airport-parking-coupons/179-newark-airport-long-term-parking.html?