kingsey

Does anyone have a sig 556?

Kingsey,

My brother had one of these for a long time, they are very reliable, the trigger was nothing to write home about, and it was heavy! It was neutered from the factory to be nj legal.

To do it over again, I would say either just get a nice AK or a DI AR. There was no real wow factor to owning it.

You would have to ask yourself, why you wanted it, as you will probably find a better solution.

Now, getting your hands on a real 550, well, dang, that would be a different story! Lol.

Hope I helped.

Kingsey,

My brother had one of these for a long time, they are very reliable, the trigger was nothing to write home about, and it was heavy! It was neutered from the factory to be nj legal.

To do it over again, I would say either just get a nice AK or a DI AR. There was no real wow factor to owning it.

You would have to ask yourself, why you wanted it, as you will probably find a better solution.

Now, getting your hands on a real 550, well, dang, that would be a different story! Lol.

Hope I helped.

All of this is true, and if you have an intention to reload your brass, know that it dents the hell out of the case necks and case mouths.

I had one for a few years. I was a nice rifle, fun to shoot, but heavy. 

At the time these were very few ¨upgrades,¨ not that it needed them really.

After shooting at a few training's I grew to dislike the side charging handle of the Sig, and the nearly extra two pounds.

Fun range toy, but I sold it to build two ARs.

I have the sig 556 swat patrol, great rifle. I'll take it any day of the week over an AR or AK.VERY reliable and accurate. I've seen some AR's that are more accurate, but frankly I'm not looking to shoot anything 1000 yards out. Where would we even do that in NJ anyway? 

The first gen 556 had some issues, and unfortunately some people still freak out about them like it still does. They were all solved a long time ago. It does have a bad habit of beating up brass though, can't argue that one. I don't reload so not an issue for me. You'll probably need to clean an AR 2 times before the 556 stops running though. If you get the patrol version the front weight isn't nearly as big an issue as the other models with all that plastic up front.