PD2K

Caliber of Your Home Self Defense Handgun

38+P. 115gr HP. I want to get some 158gr LHCSWCHP +P Buffalo Bore.

First choice is a carbine though.

Mipafox, why tracer? Assuming this is GI type of stuff, I would imagine M193 or any decent HP would be preferable. Or, knowing you, you're being completely sarcastic and I'm just being dumb.

Also, don't hit that tank. I hear cleaning up that stuff is complicated

I am sorry but having anything other than lethal ammo in a weapon designated for self defense is an absolutely terrible idea.

agree with this 100%, last thing i want to do is wound or piss off someone that broke into MY house.

one of us is leaving dead.

12ga rubber buck, then 12ga rubber slug and then I put you down...buck and ball

otherwise .45 acp critical duty, same as local PD carry

I am sorry but having anything other than lethal ammo in a weapon designated for self defense is an absolutely terrible idea.

Mipafox, why tracer? Assuming this is GI type of stuff, I would imagine M193 or any decent HP would be preferable. Or, knowing you, you're being completely sarcastic and I'm just being dumb.

It will probably be dark the the tracer will help me identify my target.

Plus, I love tracer. It's M196 and it lights up right out of the barrel. It's like Star Wars. If you don't like Star Wars, you are a commie. Period. Chicks dig it, too. It melts their socks when they see those beams of fire and sparks flying all over the place.

It will probably be dark the the tracer will help me identify my target.

I don't think tracers will help you "ID" a target. They will designate where you want others to focus their attention, and will coordinating fire by marking targets for team mates but that is about it.

White light, daylight, or NODs will help you acquire and then ID a threat for processing, tracers will just point to the location.

Plus, I love tracer. It's M196 and it lights up right out of the barrel. It's like Star Wars. If you don't like Star Wars, you are a commie. Period. Chicks dig it, too. It melts their socks when they see those beams of fire and sparks flying all over the place.

Agreed 110% on all counts here. Tracers and Star Wars are Awesome and chicks dig tracers and machine guns :D

I don't think tracers will help you "ID" a target. They will designate where you want others to focus their attention, and will coordinating fire by marking targets for team mates but that is about it.

This isn't Iraq. I'm not designating a coordinating fire. M196 will light up a room in my house like Roman candle.

It's supposed to be funny because I am firing at someone as a means of identifying my target. You know - Ha Ha :p

This isn't Iraq. I'm not designating a coordinating fire.

That was kinda my point....

It's supposed to be funny because I am firing at someone as a means of identifying my target. You know - Ha Ha :p

Just checking ;) I know plenty of people that think this is OK, like using muzzle flash to ID a threat :facepalm:

This isn't Iraq. I'm not designating a coordinating fire. M196 will light up a room in my house like Roman candle.

You won't need a flashlight after the first round. You'll end up burning your house down.... :)

Considering the limited amount of calibers mentioned here, I'm surprised the thread is still going. So that being said, I'm going to throw in the ultimate less than lethal ammo to combat home invasions....

You guessed it..... A ton of dog toys. Mostly various textured balls, hard, tennis, etc. Ask me how I know... It's like effing 'Home Alone' around here. Anyone makes it in, they will break their necks. All you'll hear is after it happens, "Hon, what was that loud noise? , Sounds like someone fell down and broke their neck babe, just go back to sleep..., ok dear...g'nite"!

;)