kingsey

Should I get a piston ar?

Son, what exactly am I wrong about, please provide an actual detailed explanation on how I'm wrong, not just one line answers.

Your telling me that a piston ar works more like di ar than an ak.

Is it just me or is this guy sounding more and more like a troll?

He sounds a lot like that guy that joined here a few months ago to tout how superior 5.7 was to all other calibers.

Ummm where was your posts that were related to this post? Looks to me that you are the troll.

Is it just me or is this guy sounding more and more like a troll?

He sounds a lot like that guy that joined here a few months ago to tout how superior 5.7 was to all other calibers.

Which one? :laugh:

yes, I'm well aware of what I said, but repeating to me is not a technical argument proving me wrong, is it? I've asked for a technical explanation of why you believe I'm wrong besides your random gnashing your teeth.

Ummm where was your posts that were related to this post? Looks to me that you are the troll.

One doesn't have to post in a thread to make an observation about one of the posters.

I also know the people you are arguing with, I know their backgrounds, which are very credible. I know nothing of yours and you seem to be trying too hard to push your opinion.

I still think you are a fool for the way you called High Exposure a liar because he "didn't provide proof" of said failures.

I guess he didn't realize he needed your approval of the failures he's witnessed.

yes, I'm well aware of what I said, but repeating to me is not a technical argument proving me wrong, is it? I've asked for a technical explanation of why you believe I'm wrong besides your random gnashing your teeth.

I posted the videos of how they all work earlier. You have pretty much told me they are all wrong and so is everything else that's written about piston guns. Apparently you think everything is wrong except for you. It's like talking to a brick wall. You beat around the bush several times instead of providing proof. I'm actually done talking about it. I know I am right, I know the videos I posted of how they work are right, and I know you will say anything possible to make it sound like you were right. Obviously all you and your buddies do is sit on here all day everyday and post. I dont. I have more of a life than that. The amount of you and all of your buddies posts show me that.

One doesn't have to post in a thread to make an observation about one of the posters.

I also know the people you are arguing with, I know their backgrounds, which are very credible. I know nothing of yours and you seem to be trying too hard to push your opinion.

I still think you are a fool for the way you called High Exposure a liar because he "didn't provide proof" of said failures.

I guess he didn't realize he needed your approval of the failures he's witnessed.

Look up the definition of troll. It's you to a t.

No, I didn't say that the videos were wrong, I said you didn't understand them.

I'm wrong often, just ask my wife, just not about this.

If you talk to brick walls, that explains why you think your argument style is something appropriate for a technical conversation between adults.

I'm not really sure what proof you want or what bush I'm beating around. I've described in great detail how an AR works. I've explained that a short stroke piston is different then a long one. I've explained that a controlled carrier move as in the AK is different then the AR piston style guns where the carrier gets shoved around off its primary axis (yes padded carriers help here),

I don't really mind you take your toys and go home, but I'm still waiting on your explanation on how a piston AR is more like and AK, not linking videos you don't understand.

Pat Rogers is still shooting filthy 14. It is a standard AR, with no bells or whistles. No "reliability" work, no special parts/gadgets, just a sling, optic and white light - a simple fighting carbine. It has around 44,000 (as of Feb 2014) on it without ever being cleaned. He has since "retired" his HK416 and LWRCI piston guns because they couldn't keep up.

I'm a little late to this shit show but after talking to Pat specifically about Piston guns, hobby guns, and filthy 14, I have a much better grasp on the rifles I will spend money on it the future. I will take Pats word due to the millions of rounds through thousands of rifles brought to his classes.

Piston AR's are not AK's. They do not solve all the "issues" of DI guns.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

How many parts are interchangable between a colt at15 and your piston gun? How many parts are interchangable between your piston gun and an AK. The trigger, buffer tube, barrel, sights, optics platform, barrel extension, barrel nuts, rails, grips, safety selector, mag release, charging handle etc all tell me it's a hell of a lot closer to a DI AR than an Ak. The only similarity is that they both use a "piston" even if that part doesn't share any resemblance to each other.

How many parts are interchangable between a colt at15 and your piston gun? How many parts are interchangable between your piston gun and an AK. The trigger, buffer tube, barrel, sights, optics platform, barrel extension, barrel nuts, rails, grips, safety selector, mag release, charging handle etc all tell me it's a hell of a lot closer to a DI AR than an Ak. The only similarity is that they both use a "piston" even if that part doesn't share any resemblance to each other.

I see piston ARs like I see new rifle designs like the Tavor, ACR, MDR, etc. They're new products, but they also happen to have significant overlapping with AR parts.

Arguing against the proprietary nature of piston designs is effectively an argument against innovation. No new design will have the track record of a firearm which has seen service in the largest armies of the world. That doesn't make that new design inferior, just new.

When I bought my PWS, it was because I liked the design, the company, and the function of the rifle. I don't look down on DI guns. They're a different beast. I'm confident my rifle will be reliable and is dependable enough to bet my life on.

We can't just argue against new designs because they're new. We should argue against them based on their merits. I don't understand the hate going either way here.

Why because it wasn't said in court? Definitely rolling my eyes. Your just mad because you have realized your wrong

No you cretin. "My friend saw the Easter bunny" is hearsay. "The Easter bunny tried to eat my face off" is an eye witness account. You can accuse he of lying, but it isn't hearsay.

Look up the definition of troll. It's you to a t.

Ok. I am troll and you're a fool.

I guess since you didn't try and back track from your statement, you stand behind calling a member here a liar because he didn't bring you the broken rifles to prove it to you?

What a jackass.

We can't just argue against new designs because they're new. We should argue against them based on their merits. I don't understand the hate going either way here.

I actually agree with you. I have nothing against new designs and I think we need more. I also have nothing against piston guns, its just that I have yet to meet one that presents any significant advantage without presenting some considerable downsides, to my mind.  For me, and my admittedly specific and non-tactical needs my biggest issue with recent piston guns has been the ergonomic choices they have made.   I don't like integrated handguard, reciprocating charging handles, or bulpups in general. For the AR conversions, the seem fragile and most have been made by companies I'm not sure will be around to support the product. Maybe Ruger could pass that test, but I'm waiting for the inevitable recall.

I'm all for other people buying them and debugging them though :)

No you cretin. "My friend saw the Easter bunny" is hearsay. "The Easter bunny tried to eat my face off" is an eye witness account. You can accuse he of lying, but it isn't hearsay.

lmao! a 50 year old man is so mad he goes to the name calling. he hasnt proven his eye witness account so it is hearsay.

Ok. I am troll and you're a fool.

I guess since you didn't try and back track from your statement, you stand behind calling a member here a liar because he didn't bring you the broken rifles to prove it to you?

What a jackass.

cracking up even more now. yes i do stand behind my comment. what are you gonna tell me? he must be right because he is an instructor or something? lol please man... 

you show how bad of a troll you really were. you didnt even read... i said the piston ar WORKS like an ak more than it does a di ar. You have proven that you cant read. thanks for being a troll though. has been nothing but comical for me.  :rolleyes:

lmao! a 50 year old man is so mad he goes to the name calling. he hasnt proven his eye witness account so it is hearsay.

cracking up even more now. yes i do stand behind my comment. what are you gonna tell me? he must be right because he is an instructor or something? lol please man... 

you show how bad of a troll you really were. you didnt even read... i said the piston ar WORKS like an ak more than it does a di ar. You have proven that you cant read. thanks for being a troll though. has been nothing but comical for me.  :rolleyes:

you obviously can only fall back on insults when multiple people all seem to think that you are not only wrong, but unsure as to what you are even talking about.

we get it.  it has a piston, that is the only functioning part of the gun.  it's also the only functioning part of an AK, therefore red is blue.

you obviously can only fall back on insults when multiple people all seem to think that you are not only wrong, but unsure as to what you are even talking about.

we get it.  it has a piston, that is the only functioning part of the gun.  it's also the only functioning part of an AK, therefore red is blue.

haha your the only one that cant figure out whats going on. You have proven even further that you either cant or havent read a word that was said. 

I see piston ARs like I see new rifle designs like the Tavor, ACR, MDR, etc. They're new products, but they also happen to have significant overlapping with AR parts.

Arguing against the proprietary nature of piston designs is effectively an argument against innovation. No new design will have the track record of a firearm which has seen service in the largest armies of the world. That doesn't make that new design inferior, just new.

When I bought my PWS, it was because I liked the design, the company, and the function of the rifle. I don't look down on DI guns. They're a different beast. I'm confident my rifle will be reliable and is dependable enough to bet my life on.

i don't see the argument as being against new designs, but when talking about new designs and proprietary parts, that needs to come into play.  the best design in the world doesn't help if you can't get parts for it because the small company shut down after a few bad years, another AWB, or some other issue as simple as a death in the family.  a HUGE advantage of the AR platform is the modularity and interoperability.  It's actually one of the thinks that i think make it better than the AK design.  The AK isn't easy to assemble, and yes, i've seen them malfunction from those put together by hobbyists.  one of the reasons i dislike the idea of a KAC SR-15 or whatever is because of the proprietary bolt design.  Should i ever shoot out a barrel or want a spare, i'd like it to be easier to source.

nothing wrong with innovation.  the first scary black rifle i shot was a sig 556 and i thought that was cool although very front heavy.  there is also the SCAR line which is insanely popular and probably what i would choose should i have decided that i didn't want an AR platform.  

the other issue is we have real people, people that run these guns harder than i ever will, in classes, on  SWAT teams, in training scenarios.  They say they trust their life to a standard AR.  why would i question them because of something i've read on the internet.  

some people like the piston design stuff, but i just think we need to call it what it is, a slight variation of the AR design.  not some new and innovative groundbreaking idea.  and its not an AK

i don't see the argument as being against new designs, but when talking about new designs and proprietary parts, that needs to come into play.  the best design in the world doesn't help if you can't get parts for it because the small company shut down after a few bad years, another AWB, or some other issue as simple as a death in the family.  a HUGE advantage of the AR platform is the modularity and interoperability.  It's actually one of the thinks that i think make it better than the AK design.  The AK isn't easy to assemble, and yes, i've seen them malfunction from those put together by hobbyists.  one of the reasons i dislike the idea of a KAC SR-15 or whatever is because of the proprietary bolt design.  Should i ever shoot out a barrel or want a spare, i'd like it to be easier to source.

nothing wrong with innovation.  the first scary black rifle i shot was a sig 556 and i thought that was cool although very front heavy.  there is also the SCAR line which is insanely popular and probably what i would choose should i have decided that i didn't want an AR platform.  

the other issue is we have real people, people that run these guns harder than i ever will, in classes, on  SWAT teams, in training scenarios.  They say they trust their life to a standard AR.  why would i question them because of something i've read on the internet.  

some people like the piston design stuff, but i just think we need to call it what it is, a slight variation of the AR design.  not some new and innovative groundbreaking idea.  and its not an AK

noone said its an ak... again... not reading