jeffesonm

Suggestions for stump grinding near Hopewell?

I've got four stumps I need ground down... 20-24" across.  Thought about renting a machine but not sure if it's worth the trouble versus just hiring someone.  Anybody done this before?  Anyone do it on the side?  I've got calls out to a few tree services but figured I'd check in here too.

Thanks all for the suggestions.  I like renting manly machines... I had someone drop the trees and then I bucked them up and rented a chipper to do the branches.  That is a seriously impressive machine, and it wasn't even that big of a chipper.  Renting a grinder is not out of the question, but the ones I've found are not cheap and then you have to pick it up and bring it back.... if I can get someone to grind them for not too much more, I'd rather spend the money and spend my time doing other stuff.

Im here in hopwell twsp and have a landscaping company and we do tree removal and takedowns. For stumps i dont bother doing it myself anymore. Call Barry 731-2511. He lives right here in the twsp Thats his sole business. He grinds stumps His price made it not worth me doing it myself.

Or for comparison call mike shier 731-8998 or brian hartell. Hts timber services 273-4763. Idk if was supposed to give their cell numbers. So dont tell them where you got it from. Also tom truelove Toms treeservice just just bought a new stump grinder in spring. 577-5822. Hes right at the penn circle. Also if you want the grindings removed thats usually not part of the price. So ask

Im here in hopwell twsp...

How could I have forgotten to ask the expert? You've got the line on that sort of thing here. I've bought stuff from your place before, but installed it myself, sometimes getting in over my head... Like putting a forsythia bush into a spot that just happened to have a stump cut and covered with mulch from the previous owner. Ugh!!! (1 Jeep, a tow strap and several hours later, it came out of the ground and got dragged down the street...)

OP, take this man's advice. It's his line of work. Besides, I've tried that whole do-it-yourself thing and this is one that I'll always farm out to the experts!