Damjan

Citizenship

Hi Everyone,

Just wanted to let everyone who knows me on here that i was naturalized today.

Took the oath in Newark,NJ and the DHS employees gave me my citizenship certificate.

Took 10 years to become citizen and i am very grateful for the opportunities that this country has provided me so far.

Again Thanks to all on here who have supported me in my integration in this country and the shooting community. I was asked at the interview about my NRA membership and the officer was a gun owner as well.

To celebrate this occasion today:

- Went to the Statue of Liberty after the ceremony

- Bought a Smith and Wesson Revolver ( 41 magnum........how s that for freedom of choice ..hahaaaa)

- Bought Apple Pie

Going to The Constitution Center and Independence Hall in Philly later in the week.

Congrats. - my wife has been putting off for years.  doesn't see the value in having a vote, hopefully, now that she has gotten involved with firearms (anti 2 years ago -now nra member, purchased her second handgun from steve last week) she will see the value in it.

Awesome. Congrats. I hope they threw in a set of reloading dies with that 41 mag. That is the one pistol caliber I see less than 10mm in stores. I would love to try one some time side by side with a 44mag and see the difference.

Congratulations on earning all of the rights and privileges that come with US citizenship!

Edit:  I see you live in NJ.    Congratulations on earning 70% of all the rights and privileges that come with US citizenship!

:-)

As much as we all bitch about how much our rights are violated; we really do live in the country with the greatest system put in place to protect the rights of the individual.   It's easy to forget how fortunate we are.

A Dominican guy I work with just passed his citizenship test about a month ago and his pride and excitement reminded me of how great we really do have it here.  His pride and excitement stirred the same pride and excitement in the rest of us, as we all shook his hand.

Congratulations, Damjan.  And thanks for reminding us how lucky we are to live here.

Congratulations! I was standing with my Mother and Grandparents when they finally took their oath. Then we went to Ellis Island , Statue of Liberty. Was a nice day in 1977 :) Enjoy Philly . Go for a brunch at The Rose Tattoo Cafe and check out the Art Museum too ( run up the steps like Rocky :) )