Sign in to follow this  
mike.one

Hunting tag along

Hello, this might sound like a pathetic craigslist ad but i'd like to get my hunting license but I'm a city boy that doesn't have the slightest clue to hunt.  I was just wondering if I could tag along with someone during their deer or bear hunt or any hunts.  Thanks.

Hello, this might sound like a pathetic craigslist ad but i'd like to get my hunting license but I'm a city boy that doesn't have the slightest clue to hunt.  I was just wondering if I could tag along with someone during their deer or bear hunt or any hunts.  Thanks.

The course and materials teach you everything you need to pass the license exam. Now, if you really want to hunt, then you could tag along with some others. What precisely do you wish to hunt and where?

I would suggest coming to one of the shotgun shoots in Clinton and meeting some of the guys first. I know there will be quite a few hunters there that might be willing to take you along. If your interested in hunting pheasants your welcome to be my bird dog if you want. That is how I started out because I was to young to get my hunting licenses. 

I would suggest coming to one of the shotgun shoots in Clinton and meeting some of the guys first. I know there will be quite a few hunters there that might be willing to take you along. If your interested in hunting pheasants your welcome to be my bird dog if you want. That is how I started out because I was to young to get my hunting licenses.

Lol

I'm in the same boat as the OP.

I've got my hunting license and have only been in the woods twice.  Once for deer when I was 12 (the best nap I've ever had in my life) and then again a few years ago for pheasant with a friend.  We didn't flush anything and it was surreal to me to be a 45 minute drive from my house and walking around in the woods with a loaded gun.

My son, 17, just got his hunting license and for the first time in my life I find myself lost in not knowing what to do or how to teach him this skill.

If you have a bow I'll bring you to the farm I hunt. I don't go after deer with guns anymore... too easy. Small game on state land is probably a good place to begin for anyone, also where I was introduced to hunting as a kid. Anytime in November when they start stocking I'm game to go for a walk and kick up some birds.

I'm in the same situation.  Just got hunter's license and NO idea where to begin/what to do.  I'd be willing to take Deerslayer up on his generous offer.  Maybe we can get another newbie to join us? 

I'll be going to one of the upcoming shotgun shootouts in October.  Maybe we can meet up then and set up a date in November.

I'll need a shotgun.  I was thinking of the Mossberg 3-in-1.  I'm hoping to hunt turkey, deer & quail.

http://www.galleryofguns.com/genie/default.aspx?item=51482

I'm in the same situation. Just got hunter's license and NO idea where to begin/what to do. I'd be willing to take Deerslayer up on his generous offer. Maybe we can get another newbie to join us?

I'll be going to one of the upcoming shotgun shootouts in October. Maybe we can meet up then and set up a date in November.

I'll need a shotgun. I was thinking of the Mossberg 3-in-1. I'm hoping to hunt turkey, deer & quail.

Cool.

I'm in the same situation. Just got hunter's license and NO idea where to begin/what to do. I'd be willing to take Deerslayer up on his generous offer. Maybe we can get another newbie to join us?

I'll be going to one of the upcoming shotgun shootouts in October. Maybe we can meet up then and set up a date in November.

I'll need a shotgun. I was thinking of the Mossberg 3-in-1. I'm hoping to hunt turkey, deer & quail.

Cool.