Sign in to follow this  
Targetpractice

looking to put magpul stock on an ar

Im looking to put a magpul fde stock on one of my ars. Since my stock is pinned, Im guessing I will need a new buffer tube? I can use the stock spring i have though right? Am I able to have that shipped to nj? oh and I am gonna have it pinned. thanks in advance 

OK so let's break this down one at a time.

What kind of stock do you currently have, and how is it pinned? It *may* be possible to re pin but we'd probably have to see. If not it would probably be easier to just buy a new tube.

Yes you can use the existing spring and buffer as long as it is meant for carbine not rifle.

Yes you can ship it anywhere.

Just make sure you are compliant with state law as not to have the pieces readily available to assemble an "assault weapon"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

If you are handy with tools (drill) and can see the pin(s) you can partially drill the pin and PULL it out.

Then replace the stock using your original tube.

You will need to determine if you have a Mil-Spec or Commercial Buffer tube and purchase the

proper stock to fit....................

iz0nwo.jpg

OK so let's break this down one at a time.

What kind of stock do you currently have, and how is it pinned? It *may* be possible to re pin but we'd probably have to see. If not it would probably be easier to just buy a new tube.

Yes you can use the existing spring and buffer as long as it is meant for carbine not rifle.

Yes you can ship it anywhere.

Just make sure you are compliant with state law as not to have the pieces readily available to assemble an "assault weapon"

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

just ordered one. thanks.

If you are handy with tools (drill) and can see the pin(s) you can partially drill the pin and PULL it out.

Then replace the stock using your original tube.

You will need to determine if you have a Mil-Spec or Commercial Buffer tube and purchase the

proper stock to fit....................

iz0nwo.jpg

VERY helpful! thanks Jack!

I've actually installed a mil-spec stock onto a commercial extension. I had to pound it on. Once at the right position, there was no pinning needed. That sucker wasn't going to move.