T Bill

New Holster for USPSA and IDPA

After a long hiatus from the shooting game I have decided that I could get back into it on the senior circuit.  With all the new gear on the market I feel I want to get a new rig for the 1911.  This rig would be both for IDPA and USPSA SS and L-10.  I prefer a Blade Tech possibly a Revolution with up to three double mag holders.  Question is what fastening system are most people running.  Tek-Lok, Stingray, duty loop or others?  I see the IDPA Revolution Pack is available, but is Stingray the best mounting option?  Your thoughts appreciated.

I don't shoot IDPA/USPSA, but I do carry everyday. I was a fan of Bladetech - they still make quality gear - until I tried Comp-Tac.

When paired with a 1.5" Ares Gear Ranger Belt their mag carriers are outstanding and their holsters are a dream. Check them out:

http://www.comp-tac.com/catalog.php?cPath=27

The Stringray attachment allows you to "bridge" belt keepers, which may be important for IDPA, where the belt is required to go through the keepers on your pants. In USPSA, if you are going to use an under/over belt system, the tech-lok may serve you better. Since you intend to shoot both, the decision as to which will work best is up to you. Not much help I'm afraid.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I like the Revolution a lot.  Have one for my G34.  Honestly do not see why their premium $80 model is any better.  Functions the exact same and is adjustable.  Just

a quarter of the price.  Can mount paddle or Tek-Lok.   I would start with that for sure.  

Nope, they both work fine. I have both the injection molded revolutions and the heat molded bladetech's and they both work equally well.  Either will induce finish wear, but if you are worried about that you are not practicing draws enough, eventually anything but stainless or chrome will show wear, its called "character"

Isn't one brand injection molded and the other heat molded? Does this make a difference as far as retention and also in terms of wear to a guns finish?

The heat molded one on for my 1911 was a bad fit.  Left a mark on my 1911.  Sent it back and then it left a mark on the other side.  

I'm pretty sure it can be fixed with a blow drier and honestly I've not heard of others having this issue.  Think mine was just a fluke.

The injection mold I find to be way more consistent.  

Do any of you have any thoughts on the paddle attachment for the Blade Tech holsters? It came in the IDPA starter kit and I like that it seems to hold the holster more rigid than the Stingray Loop, even using an Ares Aegis belt

I use the paddle for both my IDPA guns. Holds well and is very convenient for holstering up at the range.