Sign in to follow this  
Vlad G

Sept 14th, CJ 2-Gun match (shotgun/pistol)

Thanx guys, glad you had fun.

Bad news is that the results are likely to be delayed a week or so, logistics and other schedules are going to get in the way. Sorry,

(Jeopardy theme)

Duhm duhm duhm duhm. Duhm duhm duhm. Duhm duhm. Duhm. Duhm. Duht, Dut dut dut dut daa.

Just kidding Vlad!

Side note Vlad, how was FNH?

Exhausting, hard, I think it broke my shotgun and I know it broke one of our NJ shooters leg (in multiple places).

Lessons I learned:

Easy stages are a mind game. If you forget to respect them they own your ass to the price of 90sec of penalties

Never shoot long range ammo that forces you to do lots of math in your head. A less accurate but more predictable load beats a more accurate but harder to calculate load. Learned that one with a timed out stage with 60sec worth of misses

"That combination of parts should work, I'll just change that configuration right before a major match" is a very dumb thing, specially when you KNOW it is a dumb thing and you do it anyway.

3gun shooters have gotten REALLY whinny lately. I never see so much bitching and moaning in a 3gun match before. 

Also loads of fun.

Exhausting, hard, I think it broke my shotgun and I know it broke one of our NJ shooters leg (in multiple places).

Lessons I learned:

Easy stages are a mind game. If you forget to respect them they own your ass to the price of 90sec of penalties

Never shoot long range ammo that forces you to do lots of math in your head. A less accurate but more predictable load beats a more accurate but harder to calculate load. Learned that one with a timed out stage with 60sec worth of misses

"That combination of parts should work, I'll just change that configuration right before a major match" is a very dumb thing, specially when you KNOW it is a dumb thing and you do it anyway.

3gun shooters have gotten REALLY whinny lately. I never see so much bitching and moaning in a 3gun match before. 

Also loads of fun.

know it broke one of our NJ shooters leg (in multiple places).

How did that happen and to who?

Well I'm not going to put people's names out here in public, but it happened when being way to aggressive with a 45 degree slide from the top of a conex to the very hard ground. There were actually two broken legs on that stage over the course of the match.

You can just PM it to us.

2 broken legs!

Good Lord.  That must have been some stage.

It was. This isn't the best video of it or the best performance, but it the best for describing the stage. The conex is 9ft tall the ramp is at 45 degrees, the ground is hard. If you didn't slow yourself down, you would really know you landed.

I'm not unhappy.

I'd never done it. Don't have any of the "right" equipment.

It was fun.

When I found out about it in May or June I started researching and ordered a load 2 system and a quad load system just for the matches this month.

I ordered both in case I was not able to do the quads.