zoid

What kind of caliber guy are you?

No, not a caliber debate.  Enough of those already.  

The question is more do you like to stick with one particular caliber?  Or do you like to change it up?

I have a friend who likes to have a different caliber for each gun he buys.  As for me everything is 9mm

except for my 1911.  I personally just really like 9mm.  No interest in 40sw.  45 is nice but I find my 1911

suffices for that (for now).  

How many different calibers do you guys run?

I have .22, 9mm, .45 handguns .223 and 7.62x39 in rifles and a 12 gauge.  

I dont use the .22 at all, and would like to add a .357 to my handguns.

I'd like to add a .308 to my rifle lineup and a 20ga to my shotties. 

Personally .45's and my AR's are by FAR my favorite.

Right now 12ga, 9mm. The next 2 guns I plan on buying are also 9mm so guess I'm a 9mm guy. Ammo is cheaper and I'd rather buy one kind of ammo then have to stock up on multiple calibers right now. 

I have 5 .40 S&W Glocks, 1 Kahr 9mm and Ruger LCP .380.

The Kahr and Ruger a are carry/BUG guns, and I have enough ammo for them stay qualified and have a basic load out.

.40 is what I train, compete, qual, and carry and what I have stockpiled.

I also have a large stash of .223/5.56, .22LR and 12g with a little 7.62x39 and .30-06

In handguns I have more 357 than any other caliber. Thats followed by about an equal number of 22s, 9 mm, and 45 ACP. I have no use for a 40. There's 22s, 25s, 32s, 380s, and one 44 mag. If I need more power than that I'll use a rifle.

More long guns in 30-06 but they are all Garands or 03 Springfields. Next comes 5.56, all ARs with a Mini 14, Saiga, and NEF single shot. Several 22s and a mix of others calibers like 303, 30-30, 270, 7.5 Swiss and some others. One 20 gauge and the rest of the shotguns are all 12.

For handgun I have several 9mm and one 357. If I hit the lottery I'll start buying all the missing calibers, but in the meanwhile, I figure I'll just rent if I get the itch to shoot something else. My guns aren't getting used enough as it is, and I don't feel like dropping $500 on another gun that's going to get shot a few times and then collect dust.

I hear you, Blake.  Too many is correct.  I have cleaned house twice to reduce the number of calibers on the reloading bench and it always creeps back up ( about a dozen or so).  Added two calibers again in the last year or so! UGH!  Calibers are like tools in the tool box. You have different size screwdrivers, wrenches, sockets, etc.

For me, "go to" is the preferred tool for the job.  Plinking is 22LR.  Hunting depends on the critter and state laws.  Competition depends on the type of match.  What do I is use most often?  In pistols, out a doubt 22LR, 9MM, 45ACP (they are easy to reload). 

I like a lot of guns. Honestly, I'm more of a collector than a shooter--hence why I keep buying firearms, but still haven't joined a range.

I currently onlyhave a .45 (1911), but I like 9mm also. Personally, if I were able to carry, I'd go for a 9mm, just because theoretically I can carry more rounds, and from the data I've read, the actual difference in stopping power between .45 and 9mm is practically negligible (about 5%, which isn't statistically significant scientifically speaking).

However, I'd like something in 7.62tokarev, 9mm, .357, 44, and maybe a compact handgun in something unusual like .32auto or something. I really like the 5.7mm round, and the Five-seveN, but I can't justify the price of the ammo. I hate spending $1/rd, let alone $2

How many different calibers do you guys run?

Seems to me that we've done this before. The thread was started in the Handguns Forum, but I see a lot of people listing long arms and shotguns too. I'll play...

Handguns - 15 different calibers

Long Arms & Shotguns - 16 different calibers / gauges 

Adios,

Pizza Bob