Sign in to follow this  
edwill86

Ammo restrictions @ Gun Guild Easton pa ( Steel core)

Hey guys, I dont know how many of you guys shoot at the gun guild in Easton but I do. I like it a bit better then efga even though its only indoors.

my question is i know they have ammo restrictions but I cant find an answer.

I know they dont allow steel core ammo so when i bring my saiga 7.62x39 I make sure i have lead core ammo. i normally shoot stuff like steel cased: tula fmj, golden tiger fmj, and red army standard fmj, all these say lead core on the box.  Its been a lot harder to find these at reasonable prices. most of the stuff i can find for cheap does not say if its lead or steel core.  if im not sure would buying HP or SP ammo be a way to go? Im not sure if steel and lead core have any effect on HP and SP ammo and if the gun guild would allow it.

sorry if tis is a noob question. like i said i looked around and cant seem to find an answer. 

Hey guys, I dont know how many of you guys shoot at the gun guild in Easton but I do. I like it a bit better then efga even though its only indoors.

my question is i know they have ammo restrictions but I cant find an answer.

I know they dont allow steel core ammo so when i bring my saiga 7.62x39 I make sure i have lead core ammo. i normally shoot stuff like steel cased: tula fmj, golden tiger fmj, and red army standard fmj, all these say lead core on the box.  Its been a lot harder to find these at reasonable prices. most of the stuff i can find for cheap does not say if its lead or steel core.  if im not sure would buying HP or SP ammo be a way to go? Im not sure if steel and lead core have any effect on HP and SP ammo and if the gun guild would allow it.

sorry if tis is a noob question. like i said i looked around and cant seem to find an answer. 

Did you mean "Heritage Guild" in Easton?     Here are their Range Rules..... It would seem Steel Core is not permitted on their range.

look at the brands they sell which I think is Tula and Wolf and you will be fine

also I think the only steel core x39 was chinese surp. which is tough to find anyway.

I have a crap load of variates and none is steel core.

Can't magnet steel cased ammo from what I have read. Magnet sticks to it no matter what. Some ranges won't let you even use steel cased ammo having a " of it sticks its a no go" rule.

just took a magnet out to test. With my surplus ammo, the casing was magnetic. the bullet was not. The tula and red army were all magnetic. You are right.