pepsi71ocean

Moving to PA

So it looks like I got the job I wanted and am making my escape.

The job is up near Reading PA, and I have to move there.

The Waitress at the bar that I went to when i went up there to interview was nice and wrote down a list of towns near there that are nice and worth looking at to rent.

Does anyone here know of the guns laws in PA, Like is it legal to shoot in your back yard? Or does anyone know of any good gun ranges that I could join up there?

Any of our forum members live up that way that I could chase down for friendly advice?

Congrats and good luck.

You start to get a bit more rural out in the Reading area than near the jersey border.

If you have enough property, I would think you can shoot in your backyard. Hell, you can shoot in your own backyard in many towns in jersey.

Get your LCTF (CCW). You can also have any toys you want. Suppressors, SBR, full auto.

Just need to go through the NFA process.

Watch out for the dreaded clip, clop, clip, clop, BANG BANG, clip, clop, clip, clop at night. That's the sound of an Amish drive-by....................   :)

Stole that off another website. 

But seriously, Reading is a nice area, there are a lot of Amish around there. Drive around and make sure you stay far away from the mushroom farms, they really stink during the summer!

You won't be far from Maple Grove Raceway, if you're into Drag Racing. Go to the Shady Maple restruant, great food!

And............ Be grateful you could get out of this nanny state and enter America once again!

Watch out for the dreaded clip, clop, clip, clop, BANG BANG, clip, clop, clip, clop at night. That's the sound of an Amish drive-by....................   :)

Stole that off another website. 

But seriously, Reading is a nice area, there are a lot of Amish around there. Drive around and make sure you stay far away from the mushroom farms, they really stink during the summer!

You won't be far from Maple Grove Raceway, if you're into Drag Racing. Go to the Shady Maple restruant, great food!

And............ Be grateful you could get out of this nanny state and enter America once again!

Yeah I second the shady maple part.  Amazing amish home cooked buffet just avoid the 3 o'clock hour when the bus loads of elderly show up for dinner.  That area has its nice and bad spots.  I'm sure if you find a place right outside of reading you will love the country like feel.  Congrats you get to move to real america!

I hope you guys who moved or are moving are registered to vote in PA for upcoming Governor election, Corbett needs to be reelected and Wolf cannot win or else PA will be on the fast track to being like NJ, NY etc....

What he said. PA is in a real battle for our 2A rights.

Congratulations. I hope you don't have any property which you will be required to disgorge before leaving.

Hook up with a PA gun group as soon as you move. Don't listen to anyone on this forum except for MiPaFox (aka "phosgene"). And next year when you return to an infant's birthday party in A.C. at 1:30 in the morning, don't tell the trooper you're carrying. 

As for shooting on your own property in PA, my step father's father previously owned a home that was on the edge of, but inside Reading city limits. We used to shoot in his back yard and hunt the city owned watershed property behind it. Doesn't mean you're going to able to shoot anywhere, but the entire mentality regarding guns is different over there.

Like NJ, I believe shooting in your backyard is dependent on where you live in PA. Some towns have no discharge ordinances.

There's only one town in PA and it does not have a no discharge ordinance.

Cities often do, boroughs are mixed, townships usually don't. Have to check. Or just get a can and shoot in your garage.

And gun owners are just as apathetic.......

Yeah, OMG we had Philly gun-banner Fast Eddie as governor before Corbet. It was terrible, we only had about 3 or 4 pro-gun laws passed.

You people would find a way to suffocate yourselves if you woke up in a wet paper bag.

Losers in mind, spirit, soul, and politics.

Don't come here.

Go to rallies, speak at events, promote awareness of current laws and events at shooting matches, registered to vote, campaigned for Wolf, ran for office in NJ, engage antis in calm discussion, engage neutrals and take them to the range, you know, not much.

Campaigned for Wolf?