Mikeythumbs

Probably a longshot

I was in a shop the other day and thy had an turns out its Spanish not Italian thanks Alpo  O/U that I swore the name stated with an I. Cheaper gun tag on it was 300 was thinking about picking it up but I wanted I look and see if I coul find anything about it first. So can anybody help me if they know of an Italian shotgun name starts with an I or any other company besides Ithica and iver Johnson I know those and this was neither

Thanks in advance

I was in a shop the other day and thy had an Italian O/U that I swore the name stated with an I. Cheaper gun tag on it was 300 was thinking about picking it up but I wanted I look and see if I coul find anything about it first. So can anybody help me if they know of an Italian shotgun name starts with an I or any other company besides Ithica and iver Johnson I know those and this was neither

Thanks in advance

BTW it was a used gun

It was the Spanish gun Indesal i looked up pictures of it. From what I can tell it is the Silver one model imported by American Arms. Only one i have found for sale was on armslist for 600 the one i found was much cheaper. Just want to know if anyone has any experience with them thinking about going and picking it up tomorrow 

Ok so I went back to the shop it is a Lahrona(sp). Now how the hell do I tell what it is choked the bottom barrel has one star an the top has 1 with n1 next to it I think that means they are both full choke but if someone can tell me something different that would be great also when I pull the trigger on am empty gun (single trigger) it only clicks once I throught it would be one for one barrel one for the other. Am I doing something wrong. BTW if you can't tell I have no idea about double guns

Laurona.

* designates full choke

Single-trigger is typically inertia set. Recoil sets the second sear to enable the second barrel (top barrel) to be shot. (Pull the trigger, bump the buttstock lightly on the floor, the sear will be engaged for the next pull. This is a test NOT to be practiced in your local gun store! They may not appreciate it.) Some shotguns can be enabled by a slap to the buttstock after the first trigger pull, others need a little more urging.

Ruger's and some Browning's have mechanical triggers. Inertia is probably more popular in single-trigger setups.

Triggers:

http://www.shotgunlife.com/Shotguns/triggers.html

(It was J.M. Browning who first developed the inertia trigger and his son Val perfected it in the Superposed O/U in 1939.)

18.5 & 18.3 are bore and muzzle diameter measurements in mm. Subtracting the lesser from the larger, converting that to inches and you can figure out the choke. There is a blurb about this on the ShotgunWorld forum. 

Fixed choke designations may be approximate, but you won't really have a true designation of your choke until you pattern it with various lead loads. It is not uncommon for fixed-choke barrels to pattern slightly tighter than their designation.