Sign in to follow this  
mipafox

Unbelievable - $75 Korean drums

I've seen them at gunshows for I think $100. I was tempted to buy one for the sake of it but there is really no point. My dad has a 40 round pmag and that even feels obnoxious.

BETAs (or copies) a great because they have a profile about the same as a 20 round mag. So you can have zillions of rounds but still shoot from a bench or prone without any standoff issues.

40 round PMAG is dumb. Get Surefire 60 round mags, they are 1/2 inch longer than a normal AR 30 round mag. Loaded with 60 rounds they weigh less than an empty BETA amg.

BETAs (or copies) a great because they have a profile about the same as a 20 round mag. So you can have zillions of rounds but still shoot from a bench or prone without any standoff issues.

40 round PMAG is dumb. Get Surefire 60 round mags, they are 1/2 inch longer than a normal AR 30 round mag. Loaded with 60 rounds they weigh less than an empty BETA amg.

I tried a few 60s and couldn't get them to run reliably. Others have gotten them to run without issue. Reviews on the internet seem to be hit or miss too. I noticed the distributor these SGMT drums are being drop shipped from is closing them out. I'm tempted to grab a couple just to see if they work reliably or not. If they do, it would be worth grabbing a Colt LMG upper to stick on my AM15 lower which utilizes the LMG FCG.

I tried a few 60s and couldn't get them to run reliably. Others have gotten them to run without issue. Reviews on the internet seem to be hit or miss too. I noticed the distributor these SGMT drums are being drop shipped from is closing them out. I'm tempted to grab a couple just to see if they work reliably or not. If they do, it would be worth grabbing a Colt LMG upper to stick on my AM15 lower which utilizes the LMG FCG.

I only have one Surefire 60 but I have done several mag dumps in auto at 800 and at 1050. Never an issue.

I've actually never heard of any problems, just people saying they work great.

The KOrean drums get mostly positive reviews from full auto people.