supranatural

Wait times for pistol permits

Submitted my FID and P2P paperwork on October 9, 2014. Haven't heard anything and my references have not gotten anything in the mail. Is this typical for a first time FID and P2P? I'm in Washington Township, Warren county. 

did you get your prints done?

Submitted my FID and P2P paperwork on October 9, 2014. Haven't heard anything and my references have not gotten anything in the mail. Is this typical for a first time FID and P2P? I'm in Washington Township, Warren county.

I'm in Washington Boro and deal with them as well. Initial FPID and permits took 16 days, so did my most recent round of permits. I know the secretary was on vacation the week of Columbus Day...if she didn't get them to Det Pantuso before she left, that could be the holdup. Try giving them a call, the secretary is usually pleasant to deal with and Pantuso is also really helpful.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Got a call today, everything was ready. I had a feeling my buds were busting my chops that they didn't get anything in the mail. Going to be getting a EAA witness 45acp/22lr. Once I get it I will pm you and we can hit up a range.

What range do you go to?

I wouldn't be so sure they were busting your chops. I just got a second set of pistol permits, my first was in 1999, and the two references I sent in never got any paperwork and I still got my permits. This also happened to one of my references when he applied last year through a different town. It seems like it's up to the town whether or not they want to follow through with references.

Anyway, I'm in Montville Township and it took ~34 days to get my permits.

Six weeks and six days. That's the longest I've waited here.

In all fairness, our PD has been facing serious internal problems that have strained their resources.

The less serious one involved the officer who handles handgun purchases, who has been preoccupied with a complaint from two wacky individuals. 

Some of these time frames are down right scary. I did my FID and P2P at the same time, It took right under 8 weeks which seems long but I think there was an issue where the clerk was on sick leave so that delayed a few things. But even with the wait my PD in Pequannock is super easy to deal with.

Next month I'm going to put in for another P2P on either 2 or 3 handguns.

7-3-2 in my thoughts is the fucking outrages I know it's just words it's shows how powerless we as gun-owners truly are.When I called the clerk after 6 weeks she told me the same.... Then I was dreading if they put. My paperwork on the bottom hey I am human maybe the chief is thinking maybe I have enough guns that is up to me isn't it end of rant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

My last round of permits took almost 3 months... i just put in for another 3 yesterday. 

You should have put in for those three 3 months ago. And put in for three more yesterday. You should overlap your applications if they are taking that long. You'll never have to wait for a permit ever again.

You should have put in for those three 3 months ago. And put in for three more yesterday. You should overlap your applications if they are taking that long. You'll never have to wait for a permit ever again.

Insight into the matrix!  :matrix:  Make them work for it!

Point well taken lol.

7-3-2 in my thoughts is the fucking outrages I know it's just words it's shows how powerless we as gun-owners truly are.When I called the clerk after 6 weeks she told me the same.... Then I was dreading if they put. My paperwork on the bottom hey I am human maybe the chief is thinking maybe I have enough guns that is up to me isn't it end of rant

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oh I hear you,

my biggest issue is that I just graduated and now am looking for a new job/career. Im pretty sure once I get one they will send me the letter sayin I have 90 days to pick up and use my permits. Good luck to me for finding a way to go pick them up during business hours with a new job (cause Edison only lets you pick up wed-friday during business hours). Oh and did I mention I already put deposits on the guns im buying :girlwah:  :girlwah:  :girlwah:   

I probably won't be getting any for a while. I complained about wait times to the govenor. Got a letter from him saying my complaint was being passed on to the state attorneys office. Then I got a phone call from a trooper who wasn't really happy with me. Then he forwarded the complaint to the middlesx county prosecutors office. So Iam sure when it hits my police department. That will be the end of my permits. Lol I will probably start getting pulled over a lot too!

Dave,

What happened after you complained? Did they expedite your permits?