Sign in to follow this  
Paltik

Florida Non Resident CCW turnaround time

Stardard is +/- 90 days.  I have heard recently they have been coming back in about 60.  You can use the trace number on the application to follow the progress of your application during the process on their website. 

Whats the turnaround time for Florida CCW lately?

Earlier this year, I put in for mine on 03/18.  It was "issued" (the status you're looking for on their website) on 05/07, and postmarked 05/09. Very similar timing for Utah and Arizona.

I moved to FL April 1st.. got my stuff together and mailed my completed (resident of course) CCW application on the first Monday of May, I believe ( unable to get a CCW-licensing-satisfactory-class until that Sunday, I want to say the 4th so Mailed the 5th).

it went into the system sometime that Wednesday afternoon; that is, Wednesday morning I was not in the computer, Wednesday  evening I was in the computer pending... and I got it the first of June I believe, I think I took 29 days.  

I had been following several forums postings about the time, I was one of the recent-months record times, pretty amazing to say the least.  I had my application filled out right away, had my finger prints done by the local police department and submitted electronically at least 1-2 weeks prior to my application being sent in, and made absolutely sure everything was in order (I also sent a USPS Postal money order for the payment.)

Some people have waited the full 90, or close to it, PLUS - if your application needs more info or is temporarily rejected for something, the clock stops and does not start back up, ie- if you use a blue pen and they send you a letter 60 days later saying you haven't filled it out properly, they have all the time in the world, not just 30 days more.

EVERYONE from the helpful local police to the CCW class instructor to two different local gunshop owners told me , Make absolutely sure your application is not only complete but completely proper- if you mess up with an unapproved photo, or sized wrong, didnt write the info on the back of the picture, miss a circle filling out the app, etc. spelling errors, they can bounce you back and wind up costing you time time time

Does the Utah training class count as training or do I need to do another safety course? Was thinking about getting Florida.

I took a "multi-state" course offered at the Quinton Sportsmen's Club near Salem, NJ.  It was geared towards Utah, but it seems it also worked for Florida, Virginia and Arizona. I applied to 3 of those 4 (didn't do Virginia - $100. non res. fee, and it was already covered by the other states).  

Does the Utah training class count as training or do I need to do another safety course? Was thinking about getting Florida.

Florida will accept the Hunter safety program our state offers free. Or you can take NRA basic Pistol. Or similar training.

Mine took 52 days to have in hand from the day I dropped it in the mail.

I got my Utah and Florida CCW in about 2 months...both arrived in my mailbox the same day.  

I took my course at Green Academy in NJ, took it at Buckey Gun club, very reasonable price (a lot less than taking a course for each of the FL and UT CCW permits), Cameron Green taught the class.  Included live fire of course.

I got my Utah and Florida CCW in about 2 months...both arrived in my mailbox the same day.  

I took my course at Green Academy in NJ, took it at Buckey Gun club, very reasonable price (a lot less than taking a course for each of the FL and UT CCW permits), Cameron Green taught the class.  Included live fire of course.

I just did his class over Labor Day weekend over at range 14. Was a good day, Cameron is a good dude.

Mailing Utah and Florida tomorrow! Hopefully all goes well.