Sign in to follow this  
scarecrow

The Eighties Called and They Want Their Gun Back

I just love it when the nice lady from the police dept. let’s me know that my permits are in. Picked them up this morning and straight to my favorite gun to store to liberate gun I had on lay-away. A minty early 1980’s S&W 669 in 9mm with two 12 round mags. Just back from range. Put 50 rounds of my reloads and 50 rounds of MagTec through it. Zero malfunctions, very accurate, nice ergonomics and trigger. Happy Happy Happy.

post-5131-0-02150900-1410542653_thumb.jpg

WOW!! very nice gun. I also have a gun from the early 80's, but it is a collectors item only, never shoot it. A 1983 Dornaus & Dixon Bren Ten Standard Model 10 mm that I purchased almost 12 years ago. Strictly a collectors item, as I am a die hard Miami Vice fan & always wanted a Bren Ten. Good luck & enjoy shooting your "new" Smith & Wesson 669. 

I also have a gun from the early 80's, but it is a collectors item only, never shoot it. A 1983 Dornaus & Dixon Bren Ten Standard Model 10 mm 

:zzthiwwop:

and, not that I doubt you, but today's newspaper with the date showing in the shot would be nice. LOL

Do you have a working magazine??

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I have a 469 and the agency I worked for issued the 6906 for 10 years prior to going to Glock. These guns popularized the compact 9 mm and priced them so they were affordable. They also created a gun that could be used as a uniform duty gun and for off duty. One gun does all. Not too big but big enough to shoot well.

The only maintenance issues from overseeing a few hundred of these were,

1. Change the recoil spring about every 3000 rds. If you're getting failure to feeds this is usually the problem.

2. When cleaning the slide don't just turn the slide over, slop solvent on the inside, then wipe it down. This washes all the crap into the firing pin channel and eventually will lock up the firing pin. You then need to disassemble to clean it out. Gunscrubber is the easy answer to prevent this from happening.

Pizza Bob, where you implying you've experienced magazine issues with these guns. I never did even using factory 15 and 20 rd magazines.

I just tried to post a pic of the Bren 10, but my photo is too large of a file to upload to this site, since it is larger than 500 KB. I will try to load a photo of the Bren 10 as soon as I can find one. Yes, I do have a few functional mags for it, & a Ted Blocker shoulder holster. As stated earlier,I am a die hard MV fan. I was in high school when the show came on in the fall of 1984.