High Exposure

HK GmbH Close to defaulting on bonds/loans

I don't know if any of you frequent the HK Pro forum, but the concensus there is that HK CS has improved remarkably and is not the same CS that many people came to know and rag on years back. They are speaking about HK USA located in Georgia. Perhaps HK in Germany doesn't think too much of the US civilian market, but HK USA cares and does a better job now.

Anyone else think now would be a good time to pick up some of their stock? I feel like they're going to rebound pretty well. I feel like they're going to have a similar rebound like Disney did. But that's just me. I imagine this would hurt their stock prices pretty severely, might be able to get it cheap.

I wonder what Maksim has to say.

Anyone else think now would be a good time to pick up some of their stock? I feel like they're going to rebound pretty well. I feel like they're going to have a similar rebound like Disney did. But that's just me. I imagine this would hurt their stock prices pretty severely, might be able to get it cheap.

I wonder what Maksim has to say.

Looking to cash in? I was thinking about H&K stock last night if the price drops.

Look, you haters.... comparing automatic duty weapons that get rigorous workouts to what people at a John Q Public or slightly over level, owns, is not going to give you the consensus of what you want to hear from happy owners here.

We own their handguns mostly. Hell, my first HK USP says Patent Pending on the grip and this use to be my carry. It's been flawless since day one. I agree where they have great cs. Hell, Sam Bass helped me a great deal when I wanted to do mods and even sent me parts cheap. I cannot say anything bad about them. Period.

I don't know if any of you frequent the HK Pro forum, but the concensus there is that HK CS has improved remarkably and is not the same CS that many people came to know and rag on years back. They are speaking about HK USA located in Georgia. Perhaps HK in Germany doesn't think too much of the US civilian market, but HK USA cares and does a better job now.

Agree..

Look, you haters.... comparing automatic duty weapons that get rigorous workouts to what people at a John Q Public or slightly over level, owns, is not going to give you the consensus of what you want to hear from happy owners here. We own their handguns mostly. Hell, my first HK USP says Patent Pending on the grip and this use to be my carry. It's been flawless since day one. I agree where they have great cs. Hell, Sam Bass helped me a great deal when I wanted to do mods and even sent me parts cheap. I cannot say anything bad about them. Period.

We all have opinions, opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Some people hate Glock, some people hate H&K, all for diff. reasons.

i'm kind of a newb so i don't know enough to hate on things i have no knowledge of , always liked the HK look of P7, USP lines.. but i bought a Beretta first. I just picked up an HK VP9 and used for Production last week .. like it alot .. let you know how the CS is if it comes to that .... want a Glock 34 next .. i think....maybe 

We all have opinions, opinions are like assholes everyone has one.

Some people hate Glock, some people hate H&K, all for diff. reasons.

I know... But at least have good and current reasoning.

When I first looked for a poly gun, everyone said go Glock. Did I go Glock? Nope! Do Like Glock? Nope! Are they great firearms? Sure... So why did I not get one and still don't want one? Because I'm a rebel. I also don't want "me too" things. In other words, I don't want it because if everyone has one... I don't want to be part of that crowd... I like being unique. That doesn't mean I don't do my research. I have not regretted one weapon I bought yet.

So, I'm an HK fan and prob have their rifles if I didn't have to butcher them just to own them in this arsehole state.

But I am also a Kimber fan, a Sig fan, LWRC and more.

People will biotch at guns or any product for that matter. People seem to think that paying more for something, grants them the right to have a perfect product. Never happens, never will.

It just gets tiring hearing the HK crap, the Kimber crap, etc all the time.... Most people are like parrots and repeat what they read. Most are prob not even owners...

PS: I really hate companies that number their models based on how many fingers and toes they have avail... Hear that S&W and Glock fans? Lmao...

I know... But at least have good and current reasoning. When I first looked for a poly gun, everyone said go Glock. Did I go Glock? Nope! Do Like Glock? Nope! Are they great firearms? Sure... So why did I not get one and still don't want one? Because I'm a rebel. I also don't want "me too" things. In other words, I don't want it because if everyone has one... I don't want to be part of that crowd... I like being unique. That doesn't mean I don't do my research. I have not regretted one weapon I bought yet. So, I'm an HK fan and prob have their rifles if I didn't have to butcher them just to own them in this arsehole state. But I am also a Kimber fan, a Sig fan, LWRC and more. People will biotch at guns or any product for that matter. People seem to think that paying more for something, grants them the right to have a perfect product. Never happens, never will. It just gets tiring hearing the HK crap, the Kimber crap, etc all the time.... Most people are like parrots and repeat what they read. Most are prob not even owners... PS: I really hate companies that number their models based on how many fingers and toes they have avail... Hear that S&W and Glock fans? Lmao...

If the 1986 MG ban was ever lifted, and civilians could own MG's that are post-86 again without any SOT...My first choice would be a G3KA4 w/ aftermarket buffer and an HK43 w/ collapsible stock and burst trigger group :D

See, I have a soft spot for H&K, I own only clones of HK Military rifles since NJ bans the "evil" HK91, 93, etc. but I DO OWN a nice NIB HK-91 purchased (and stored) in a house over the bridge.

The clones I have were built on the portugal tooling that PTR obtained (H&K approved tooling) and the assembled rifles are done by Vector Arms Inc. (Kelly Enterprises) and they are built well and run like champs (even with a registered pre-86 pack).

I do not have a USP or P7 but have shot them, I didn't like the USP or P7 (the way it felt) but I liked the design of the P7's internals.

If the 1986 MG ban was ever lifted, and civilians could own MG's that are post-86 again without any SOT...My first choice would be a G3KA4 w/ aftermarket buffer and an HK43 w/ collapsible stock and burst trigger group :D

See, I have a soft spot for H&K, I own only clones of HK Military rifles since NJ bans the "evil" HK91, 93, etc. but I DO OWN a nice NIB HK-91 purchased (and stored) in a house over the bridge.

The clones I have were built on the portugal tooling that PTR obtained (H&K approved tooling) and the assembled rifles are done by Vector Arms Inc. (Kelly Enterprises) and they are built well and run like champs (even with a registered pre-86 pack).

I do not have a USP or P7 but have shot them, I didn't like the USP or P7 (the way it felt) but I liked the design of the P7's internals.

Being the USP were pretty new to poly gun followers, it takes time to like them. I was orig a revolver and 1911 owner. Took some time to get into it. But even with my USP Compact 45 being my first, I found it just as accurate as a full size 1911... Possibly due to the polygon barrel. Once I got past the point of the unusual mag release, I adored it. I adapt to what I shoot quickly and naturally. While I still have no issues with the conventional mag release, I really like the HK ones better. I can quick, fast, not slow, hit the release with my trigger finger a helluva lot faster that crank my thumb over to the 1911 style release.

Once you get the flavor of HK handguns, they grow on you. Now, with their new VP9, and it being my very first striker fire, I'm blown away at the feel, accuracy and price compared to my others.

Maybe that alone will help pull HK out of the mud... Who knows.

Being the USP were pretty new to poly gun followers, it takes time to like them. I was orig a revolver and 1911 owner. Took some time to get into it. But even with my USP Compact 45 being my first, I found it just as accurate as a full size 1911... Possibly due to the polygon barrel. Once I got past the point of the unusual mag release, I adored it. I adapt to what I shoot quickly and naturally. While I still have no issues with the conventional mag release, I really like the HK ones better. I can quick, fast, not slow, hit the release with my trigger finger a helluva lot faster that crank my thumb over to the 1911 style release.

Once you get the flavor of HK handguns, they grow on you. Now, with their new VP9, and it being my very first striker fire, I'm blown away at the feel, accuracy and price compared to my others.

Maybe that alone will help pull HK out of the mud... Who knows.

Shit, now you are making me want a VP9...my wallet hurts to touch at the moment :/

How does the VP9 compare to the USP?

I'm looking them up and the VP9 beats the USP for reviews, etc. so it must have something good going for it??

Shit, now you are making me want a VP9...my wallet hurts to touch at the moment :/

How does the VP9 compare to the USP?

I'm looking them up and the VP9 beats the USP for reviews, etc. so it must have something good going for it??

Can't compare to USP or later HK45 or 9s.... Totally diff gun. Closest comparison for feel and op is the 9mm P30, then HK45... But again, striker vs hammer.

The P30 and VP9 are running neck and neck for my love, but I find myself loving VP more. Not because it's striker fired, but just seems to feel better and more accurate especially out of the box. But at half the price.

If I had to rate my HKs...

VP9 and P30 running neck and neck.

Then my HK45, USP40 and in compact USP category, My Compact 45..

But in the end, they are all fine. :)

i'll be getting a VP9 eventually (this round of permits maybe?) but it'll never be anything but a range/demo gun for me.

So you say now... Muhahaha! We have wayz of making you think otherwise... ;)

You going to get paid to demo it? )scratching head(

Personally, if HK goes under I will have to try very hard to contain any outwards signs of schadenfreude.

Why try? You are already a Kill Joy! ;)

...and if they don't? Can we run over all your ARs with a Mack truck?

Why try? You are already a Kill Joy! ;) ...and if they don't? Can we run over all your ARs with a Mack truck?

That is a rather nonsensical post. Say do you mind if I smash your property with a hammer?  

WTF is wrong with people who get so attached to a brand that they wish misfortune or damage to other peoples property? Where exactly did I propose we damage your property regardless of brand?

Maybe we need a sports team riot of some sort smashing some local guns shops when HK fails or something like that to express our displeasure. 

That is a rather nonsensical post. Say do you mind if I smash your property with a hammer?

WTF is wrong with people who get so attached to a brand that they wish misfortune or damage to other peoples property? Where exactly did I propose we damage your property regardless of brand?

Maybe we need a sports team riot of some sort smashing some local guns shops when HK fails or something like that to express our displeasure.

First, I was joking, as indicated about the winky thing. Why can't people enjoy the finer things in life without being judged? But beings were are near the end zone, how is your constant belittling what people like and don't or what you pay or don't? You do it all the time and not once have I ever seen you concede in a heated discussion. Just saying....

Let it go.... It's to extreme so let's not turn this into something it's not. Been there, done that.

It's a joke

If H&K goes under, anything made by H&K will go up in value so those with H&K rifles and pistols might see the value increase over time.

Why try? You are already a Kill Joy! ;) ...and if they don't? Can we run over all your ARs with a Mack truck?

WAIT...Crush AR's with Mack trucks? Thats like crushing beer cans, too easy.

Side note, I ran over a beat up PTR-91 I bought for $400 (watch the H&K video of a 4x4 running over the MP5) the receiver didn't fail and it still goes bang, not a real H&K rifle built to spec.

First, I was joking, as indicated about the winky thing. Why can't people enjoy the finer things in life without being judged? But beings were are near the end zone, how is your constant belittling what people like and don't or what you pay or don't? You do it all the time and not once have I ever seen you concede in a heated discussion. Just saying.... Let it go.... It's to extreme so let's not turn this into something it's not. Been there, done that.

I have no idea what the hell you are on about, but I've given up trying to make sense of it.  Who judged you? I sure as hell don't care what other people shoot.

I have no idea what the hell you are on about, but I've given up trying to make sense of it. Who judged you? I sure as hell don't care what other people shoot.

OMG, I befuddled you. Lmao...

HK is a private company ..looked into it also ..lol

Maybe not for long. In order to fix their asset problem, they might turn towards selling stock.

It's a joke

If H&K goes under, anything made by H&K will go up in value so those with H&K rifles and pistols might see the value increase over time.

I don't think they'll truly go under. Krupp of Essen racked up far larger debts (relative to inflation), but came back, multiple times. This was in no small part because Krupp was the, "Anvil of the Reich" (specifically the Second Reich, but also the Third). HK likely holds a similar position in modern Germany. Besides, they have so many patents, and such great brand recognition that they'd likely be bought out by another gun company (I pray to God not freedom group), or as I alluded to earlier, they might be forced to go public.

Maybe not for long. In order to fix their asset problem, they might turn towards selling stock.

I don't think they'll truly go under. Krupp of Essen racked up far larger debts (relative to inflation), but came back, multiple times. This was in no small part because Krupp was the, "Anvil of the Reich" (specifically the Second Reich, but also the Third). HK likely holds a similar position in modern Germany. Besides, they have so many patents, and such great brand recognition that they'd likely be bought out by another gun company (I pray to God not freedom group), or as I alluded to earlier, they might be forced to go public.

If they go public I'm buying some shares in H&K.

I doubt they will go under, they can rebound given time.