millsan1

PA LTCF

I almost fainted the other day when I went to Cabelas, found 2 pistols I wanted, paid for them, went through PICS and took them home.

Doesn't anyone realize that I have to be vetted multiple times and limited in what I can buy and how often I can buy?

It is such a different world here and I am only 15 minutes across the river.

Its really sad how NJ treats the peasants.

I almost fainted the other day when I went to Cabelas, found 2 pistols I wanted, paid for them, went through PICS and took them home.

Doesn't anyone realize that I have to be vetted multiple times and limited in what I can buy and how often I can buy?

It is such a different world here and I am only 15 minutes across the river.

Its really sad how NJ treats the peasants.

Don't worry, the suckers that won't leave PRNJ have gone from fighting for our rights to telling us we will be NJ if Wolf gets elected. Even though we only had pro-gun bills passed under the reign of Philly anti-gun Fast Eddie while you guys were passing OGAY.

Looks like we are about to have a law allowing teachers to carry in school. It's actually questionably legal now, but legally and professionally perilous.

I would like to thank all the scumbags from NY and NJ moving into PA that made this legislation possible. Definitely wold not have come up without all these uncouth an nasty slimeballs moving in.

Don't worry, the suckers that won't leave PRNJ have gone from fighting for our rights to telling us we will be NJ if Wolf gets elected. Even though we only had pro-gun bills passed under the reign of Philly anti-gun Fast Eddie while you guys were passing OGAY.

Looks like we are about to have a law allowing teachers to carry in school. It's actually questionably legal now, but legally and professionally perilous.

I would like to thank all the scumbags from NY and NJ moving into PA that made this legislation possible. Definitely wold not have come up without all these uncouth an nasty slimeballs moving in.

Aren't you describing yourself?

Aren't you describing yourself?

I'm not describing myself, Millsan, or any of the people here or having moved to PA as slimeballs. I'm describing the figurative slimeballs that are making the sky fall in PA so that jealous people living in NJ can sleep at night knowing America is almost over and we will get our due.

Mipa can be interesting, but he does have a point. A lot of eastern PA is turning into NY/NJ because of the westward migration of "progressives" who want to live in the country. They fantasize about moving to a nice rural area, but then try to change that area to fit their mindset. The other group of people who hurt our 2A rights in PA are the rubes who think they are being cosmopolitan and cultured by being anti gun.

Mipa can be interesting, but he does have a point. A lot of eastern PA is turning into NY/NJ because of the westward migration of "progressives" who want to live in the country. They fantasize about moving to a nice rural area, but then try to change that area to fit their mindset. The other group of people who hurt our 2A rights in PA are the rubes who think they are being cosmopolitan and cultured by being anti gun.

I actually think he was being sarcastic (that is, I don't think he believes the predictions of "PA gun rights are over" are true). He's characterizing the people with such predictions as being jealous. Yes, Wolf is something to be concerned about, but he's only one part of the equation. There is some work to be done though.

PS: I don't know if you guys have them on the eastern part of PA, but I'm headed for my first gun bash today. $40 ticket, 1 gun raffled off every 15 minutes from 1PM to 7PM, and plenty of food in between.

I actually think he was being sarcastic (that is, I don't think he believes the predictions of "PA gun rights are over" are true). He's characterizing the people with such predictions as being jealous.

I would agree. If you look at the moving to PA thread the last post comes across as jealous, wishful thinking.

Non scumbag recently moved to PA. Got my PA drivers license and applied at the local Sheriffs office, which is Allentown, Lehigh County. They said it can take up to 45 days to get my LTCF. Guess Allentown is a bit different.

Yeah, each county is different, but unlike NJ, there is a statute that mandates a decision within x days (I forget the number) and it is adhered to and enforced.

We moved out of PRNJ 3 years ago and love PA so far. There were several reason for moving:

-8.97% Income tax in NJ compared to 3.01% in PA.

-Car insurance $5800 in NJ, $2100 PA (4 cars)

-Property taxes lower (not too much but more house/property less $$$)

-Different culture...can't really describe, but less "uppity"?

-Cheaper schooling for private schools. I have no idea why/how.

-MUCH better gun laws and I've carried every day since moving there.

-More like minded people. Even the liberals are "reasonable"...relatively speaking.

We went to Doylestown and got our carry in 20 minutes. People were friendly, smiled and joked about guns. My wife was amazed that we were not brought into a room, fingerprinted, questioned, belittled, etc like we did when we got our FID cards.

Non scumbag recently moved to PA. Got my PA drivers license and applied at the local Sheriffs office, which is Allentown, Lehigh County. They said it can take up to 45 days to get my LTCF. Guess Allentown is a bit different.

What'd you use as proof of residency? Northampton wants either voters reg (must be resident for 30 days), or tax receipt, or earned income certification.