Grapeshot

Shopping for my first Beretta

Always wanted a Beretta and have one last permit to use up. I am looking at both the M9 and 92 FS (obviously I want something in 9mm), and am having trouble deciding. I know a lot of you have either the M9 or 92, and some have both. This will be a range toy, could possibly be used for HD, and I would like to try my hand at some competitions in the future. Any advice, caveats, etc?

The M9 has that classic straight dust cover. The 92FS has the slanted dust cover. I like the straight dust cover look much more. The M9 also has "US 9mm / M9" on the frame and slide, and a unique M9 serial #. Also, the M9 has no lawyer mumbo jumbo warnings on the on the frame, the 92FS does.

The new 92FS Inox models use the straight dust cover M9 frame. Beretta went to the straight dust cover M9 frame for the Inox once they discontinued the 96Fs, which required the slanted dust cover for extra strength. Real nice looking if you want something a little different.

I've got a 92fs brigadier, was the first gun I purchased for myself, and will never get rid of it. have upgraded it over the years, took a defensive pistol course with it(and was the only one in the class that didn't have a striker fired pistol), shoots awesome. cant go wrong with any 92 or m9

I have a 25th Anny M9. Its N OK gun. It was my first and I barely ever use it though. I find the M9 to be more aesthetically pleasing because of the dust cover. Other day than that it's pretty much the same.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

They are mechanically the same, big solid and accurate. The only functional dif I can think of are the sights, 92 has 3 dot, M9 two dot. I also like that the mags pull dbl duty with my cx4. Beretta also makes other 9s, Px4 and Cougar.

I have a 92A1..   Same as the others, but it has a replaceable front site and rails on the frame..  excellent gun, shoots straighter than I, and built like a tank. 

Ditto here.  But I only use mine at the range, not for training, gun games or HD.  I don't like having to deal with a safety and the DA/SA difference.,

but I think it's my finest looking gun.  

I have a 92 a1 also. The grip is a bit wide. But i have larger hands so it works for me. I use it for idpa uspsa and that stuff. I have never ever had any type of failure. Not even at the range let alone in competition. Its got thousands of rounds through it.

i know your looking for 9mm , but i went with the 96 a1 for my first purchase and also used this in some USPSA matches and never had a failure in any way. testament to the platform , but it pretty much speaks for itself. A little more challenging to use in the games.(safety, weight, sights,but can be swapped out)