BenedictGomez

The Star-Ledger advocates mandatory confiscation of New Jersey guns

I think its time for the firearm and shooting sport industry to counter these anti-gun attitudes towards these gun buybacks.       if all the big firearms mfgs. could each produce a gun that fits the criteria for a turn in but produce it extremely cheap,   thousands of us could "obtain" these guns and turn them in for a profit thus bankrupting these fools and than buy guns that are good.  they can be built to be "similar" to the so called assault weapons for maximum turn in value.   buy a "turn in" for say 20 bucks and turn it in for 2-300 bucks.   since it's no questions asked no need to worry about paper work or FID or anything.   use the ATF definition of what a firearm is,  add NJ's stupid regulations and produce a "gun" for turn in purposes.    I'm wondering if I cut out a gun shape stock, screwed on a 20" piece of pipe, glue on a cardboard "magazine clip" of say 75 rounds and of course PAINT IT BLACK would I make a profit?   would anyone accepting it be able to tell the difference?  

I think its time for the firearm and shooting sport industry to counter these anti-gun attitudes towards these gun buybacks. if all the big firearms mfgs. could each produce a gun that fits the criteria for a turn in but produce it extremely cheap, thousands of us could "obtain" these guns and turn them in for a profit thus bankrupting these fools and than buy guns that are good. they can be built to be "similar" to the so called assault weapons for maximum turn in value. buy a "turn in" for say 20 bucks and turn it in for 2-300 bucks. since it's no questions asked no need to worry about paper work or FID or anything. use the ATF definition of what a firearm is, add NJ's stupid regulations and produce a "gun" for turn in purposes. I'm wondering if I cut out a gun shape stock, screwed on a 20" piece of pipe, glue on a cardboard "magazine clip" of say 75 rounds and of course PAINT IT BLACK would I make a profit? would anyone accepting it be able to tell the difference?

In NJ they would throw you in jail for not having a manufacture's license.

Sent from my SCH-I800 using Tapatalk 2

Star Ledger is on me like herpes. I cancelled my subscription like 2 years ago and it keeps coming. I called them like 5 times. They say they can't cancel my subscription because I don't have one.

Small wonder they are gong out of business.

Donate them to Sandy for her snake cage.

I think its time for the firearm and shooting sport industry to counter these anti-gun attitudes towards these gun buybacks.       if all the big firearms mfgs. could each produce a gun that fits the criteria for a turn in but produce it extremely cheap,   thousands of us could "obtain" these guns and turn them in for a profit thus bankrupting these fools and than buy guns that are good.  they can be built to be "similar" to the so called assault weapons for maximum turn in value.   buy a "turn in" for say 20 bucks and turn it in for 2-300 bucks.   since it's no questions asked no need to worry about paper work or FID or anything.   use the ATF definition of what a firearm is,  add NJ's stupid regulations and produce a "gun" for turn in purposes.    I'm wondering if I cut out a gun shape stock, screwed on a 20" piece of pipe, glue on a cardboard "magazine clip" of say 75 rounds and of course PAINT IT BLACK would I make a profit?   would anyone accepting it be able to tell the difference?  

This has a lot of potential.  At the very least, it's an entertaining idea.

How much of their constitutional rights are the papers willing to give up?

I think you're on to something here....can we run a "Buyback" for their fishwrap of a paper, and offer readers a decent publication in return?

Many posters here have it right. Aside from what the editors actually believe, they print these articles to drive web traffic. As tempting as it is to surf their websites to see what they write and comment, the solution is to write the advertisers and say you will not buy their products or services if they continue to advertise with the star ledger or nj.com. You have to cut off the revenue stream. With print failing they are still making money via online channels.

Start with the advertisers and then little by little cut back on surfing their site. Believe me I know it is hard. Try finding an alternative site that is hopefully not biased. It is good for your blood pressure.

Tom Moran and his merry band of Progressives will feature either an anti-gun editorial or a global warming editorial at least once per week, without fail.  They need to fill up the editorial section on Sunday with something reprinted from the Washington Compost, a guest piece authored by a regional tree hugger who copies and pastes the usual 'Science is Settled and you are a Neanderthal denier' talking points, or an anonymous article like this one.

I sort of doubt an ad manager at a mega Honda dealership is going to pull their business based on a handful of letters.  For every one of us, there are 1000 others who see that $129 lease* and flock right in the lot.

(*with $4500 cap cost reduction, tax, title, license, mop and glo, and the bosses boat payment extra)

I don't mean to give in to them, as much as that sounds, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

The goal isn't to have the Honda dealer or other advertiser sell less, the goal is to have them move their ad dollars. And when you get one person to say to them that they are buying an Accord but not from their dealership it will get their attention.

Think of it from the point of view of a lost sale here and there, not from the point that they are still selling cars.

When you want to change behavior look for at the economics.

you know how much revenue they made off this article. it's been featured on every gun page, conservative news pages, etc in the universe on fb for the past week or so since they published it. They must have gotten a few million hits.

I contact the advertisers and complin. I tell them if they support this kind of crap, I will not buy anything the sell and will make sure to let like minded people know the crap they support

Why not start a "Top 10" New Jersey Boycott List? Make it a separate website and link it here and on other pro-gun sites. Think of it as a NJ hall of shame. keep it at a Top 10 list in order to focus on the list. If the list gets too big then people's attentions wane. It could change week by week or whenever something occurs that demands it's listing in the Top 10.

What could be on the list?

Media

Politicians

Laws