Sign in to follow this  
Jim Norman

OBCATS 3-Gun

There will be a 3-gun match Sunday September 28th. Registration link is up on OBCATS.

5-6  stages. no sling on SG, may need one on Rifle, there will be Slugs and Reactive steel, maybe clays. Staegs are not yet complete. We have a limited number of slots available.

Jim

How many slugs required?

I have been doing USPSA off and on for almost 20 years. This is different and gets me all excited like a 16 year old on prom night.

I kind if feel the same way. Hopefully I'll be able to finish the match and not leave because of a crazy person(wife)

That sucks I was looking forward to it, even bought a new belt. 

3 gun in NJ will never be fair because some people follow the bullshit SG capacity laws and some people dont. 

This match will be run under the USPSA capacity rules so that will not be an issue. And stage design will effectively negate most reasons to cheat anyway.

I am in. I just hope I have enough shotgun shells. I cannot make it anywhere to get them and I just may have 4 boxes left but not sure! Looking forward to this match. I think this will be a long match, anyone know how long the last 3 gun match was?

I am in. I just hope I have enough shotgun shells. I cannot make it anywhere to get them and I just may have 4 boxes left but not sure! Looking forward to this match. I think this will be a long match, anyone know how long the last 3 gun match was?

I think we were done by 5 or so last time. The big trick is to not have any stages where people time out a lot.

Cant wait.. kinda sorta sighted in my new scope

Good time to be checking your zero at a match kinda sorta!! I learned awhile ago, the hard way to not mess with my guns the night before a match. When I have confidence that my guns are going to work and knowing I just need to do my part, makes a big difference on match day!!

I sit here looking at my shotgun fighting the urge to do a little sanding on the loading port

For a semi or a pump?

It doesn't matter, it is a non-issue.

The match rules prohibt loading more then the legal capacity in all the firearms. 6 max in tube of a semi-auto, 15 max in rifle and pistol. I think I'm ok with saying pump guns can have more then 6, but realistically there are people who can shoot pump faster then semi, so I think 6 across the board is fine to keep it all balanced and fair. Part of 3gun shotgun mind game is planning your reloads and doing them well and fast. Seeing how we start with a max of 5 rd in the gun (including chamber when appropriate) and not allowing more then 6 in the tube, we don't have to worry about anyone breaking the law, and we can build matches that require a certain amount of reloads without needing to many targets.

If you shot a Pump SG or Iron Sights please let me know ASAP If I have enough people I'll split you out to a seperate prize pool we want to pay as deep as is possible.

As for more 3-GUn Matches. Yes we are crazy (insane) enough to say yes. Not sure when. We don't have extra time on the range to run them so we have to take away a USPSA match to do this.

We would like to hear from all of you what you liked, what you want more of and what you think we can do better.