Respect2A

Bowling pin matches at CJ

This is some wicked fun against the clock.  Don't know how CJ runs it, but in matches I used to attend you must clear the table with the pin placed 3 feet from the trailing back edge.  Watching someone try to clear a spinning pin provides some great entertainment.  Heavy open hollow point bullets are your friend here.  Some prefer fast hot loads others slow.  Good luck.

Against the clock. 5 pins for semi 4 for revolver. 7 rd mags for semi 6 for revolver two mag/cyl per table. Two tables per round 3 rds per match. Each table is shot seperate and is a seperate time. Pin must be compleatly off table for it to count. Can shoot rimfire also pin is placed at the back of the table. 10 sec penalty per miss. Not sure about the 500 being used you would have to contact a MD.

You can NOT use the 500 simply because it obliterates the pins. The pins also get quite heavy after a few rounds. I use to shoot a 9mm but now I stick with the 45acp. It's a lot of fun, also if you choose they allow you to shoot the semi auto & revolver if you want to do both.

hmmmm...........this sounds like fun. Would you recommend this for a first time ever competition? Ive never competed in any steel or whatever type comp before. 

Yes.  This would be a great first match, followed by the members only steel.

Both steel (member and public) matches are user friendly.  The member only steel usually has a smaller turnout.

But don't be intimidated by any of the events.  Come out and shoot.  You'll find that as long as you are safe you are welcomed with open arms.  The range officers will work with you and I haven't met a participant yet who wasn't willing to help load magazines (if you don't have enough) or offer pointers on how you can improve.

so if I show up to one of these am I gonna get smoked by people using uspsa race guns (this would happen anyway lol)  or is there some sort of classification used

Yes noob.  May I call you noob?  

You are going to get smoked and then we are going to post your results on the interwebz and point and laugh as you make the walk of shame back to your car.

We will also make fun of you if you dress funny.

: )

Against the clock. 5 pins for semi 4 for revolver. 7 rd mags for semi 6 for revolver two mag/cyl per table. Two tables per round 3 rds per match. Each table is shot seperate and is a seperate time. Pin must be compleatly off table for it to count. Can shoot rimfire also pin is placed at the back of the table. 10 sec penalty per miss. Not sure about the 500 being used you would have to contact a MD.

So if my addition and subtraction is right........4 mags needed in order to compete .............or 3 speed loaders for revolver?

Yes noob.  May I call you noob?  

You are going to get smoked and then we are going to post your results on the interwebz and point and laugh as you make the walk of shame back to your car.

So...........uhhh..........I dont carry any milk money with me..........just sayin is all ;-) 

4 mags is preferable, but if you don't have all you have to do is ask and someone will help reload or top off what you have.  Just don't ask Mikeythumbs because he doesn't know the difference between a snap cap and a live round.

Point being is that don't not come if you don't have 4 mags.

I'm not shooting the event but will be on site participating in some high brow shotgun event, but I've been stockpiling rotten tomatoes from my garden in the hopes I have a few minutes to meander over and pelt the crowd after a proper heckling.

Yes noob. May I call you noob?

Outstanding. Im in lol. Ill make sure I where the most awkward shit ever haha

4 mags is preferable, but if you don't have all you have to do is ask and someone will help reload or top off what you have.  Just don't ask Mikeythumbs because he doesn't know the difference between a snap cap and a live round.

Point being is that don't not come if you don't have 4 mags.

I'm not shooting the event but will be on site participating in some high brow shotgun event, but I've been stockpiling rotten tomatoes from my garden in the hopes I have a few minutes to meander over and pelt the crowd after a proper heckling.

Also this coming from the man that went to shoot a stage with on two mags loaded cause he was being a brass whore somewhere else

Didnt you shoot IDPA last weekend this is a cakewalk compared to that 

Wish I could be there.

I'd make Mets fan do it wrong.

"For your first string you need to stand on one foot."  

"Yes, I know, it's odd, but what do you expect?"  "You are shooting at BOWLING pins for crying out loud"

Hilarity would ensue.

Also this coming from the man that went to shoot a stage with on two mags loaded cause he was being a brass whore somewhere else

I like it better when my kid is there.

He usually reloads my mags and acts as a brass whore all in one.

This allows me more time to focus on making fun of you and Ted.

Pins are a REAL treat!  Don't worry about winning.  Just remember that smooth is fast.  HEAVY bullets work better.  In fact my .44 Mag loaded w/ .44 Spl 240 gr. Cowboy loads (makes USPSA Major) work the BEST!  For .45 auto the 225 gr. SWC bullets work best.

Magnums LOOSE this type of match all of the time:  Misses, flinching and recoil add time to your score.  Big magnums blow holes into the tables when you miss (and you WILL)!

If you have to do a reload, you've already LOST, so might as well take yer time and knock the pins off the table! 

Revolver scores can be around 2.5 sec (4 pins) and auto scores run around 2.8 or so for the winners (back when I played this game at Monmouth).  Different clubs have different divisions:  Revolver-Iron, Revolver-Open, Auto-Iron, Auto-Open, .22 Iron and .22 Open.  Your mileage may vary......

Have FUN!  And be SAFE!

Dave