Respect2A

Bowling pin matches at CJ

Pins are a REAL treat! Don't worry about winning. Just remember that smooth is fast. HEAVY bullets work better. In fact my .44 Mag loaded w/ .44 Spl 240 gr. Cowboy loads (makes USPSA Major) work the BEST! For .45 auto the 225 gr. SWC bullets work best.

Magnums LOOSE this type of match all of the time: Misses, flinching and recoil add time to your score. Big magnums blow holes into the tables when you miss (and you WILL)!

If you have to do a reload, you've already LOST, so might as well take yer time and knock the pins off the table!

Revolver scores can be around 2.5 sec (4 pins) and auto scores run around 2.8 or so for the winners (back when I played this game at Monmouth). Different clubs have different divisions: Revolver-Iron, Revolver-Open, Auto-Iron, Auto-Open, .22 Iron and .22 Open. Your mileage may vary......

Have FUN! And be SAFE!

Dave

I use my Springfield 1911 with 230 gr rn if I do my part they do theirs. The worst is when you hit a pin low and it lays down facing you where you are looking at the top

this is ass backwards. I try and follow the by laws and cant get a straight friggin answer from the BOD. Im not driving 50 minutes to a general meeting after work not knowing if ill be denied the badge or not. Plan is now to do a shit ton of matches everywhere and send roddy all my shite asking him "in his opinion" if its sufficient to bring to a meeting for official submission....That should be interesting.

The President issues the special use badge, not Roddy.  At least he issued mine.

If you go to the bowling pin match make a point to introduce yourself to Art Q. (match director) and ask him to observe you make ready, draw, and show clear.  Ask him to do so on the side if necessary.  This way when you go to the meeting you can tell him that another BOD member supervised you.

You shoot from the table but still have to go through all of the other steps to charge the gun and make it safe.  The same is true if you were to shoot rimfire at a steel match.  Generally you shoot that from the low ready.  I say generally because you aren't "supposed" to shoot rimfire from the holster but I shoot my M&P 22 or Beretta Practice kit from the holster and nobody tells me what to do.  So there.  

Anyway, if the President accepts the Steel Match he should, in theory, accept the Bowling Pin Match.  

The President issues the special use badge, not Roddy.  At least he issued mine.

If you go to the bowling pin match make a point to introduce yourself to Art Q. (match director) and ask him to observe you make ready, draw, and show clear.  Ask him to do so on the side if necessary.  This way when you go to the meeting you can tell him that another BOD member supervised you.

You shoot from the table but still have to go through all of the other steps to charge the gun and make it safe.  The same is true if you were to shoot rimfire at a steel match.  Generally you shoot that from the low ready.  I say generally because you aren't "supposed" to shoot rimfire from the holster but I shoot my M&P 22 or Beretta Practice kit from the holster and nobody tells me what to do.  So there.  

Anyway, if the President accepts the Steel Match he should, in theory, accept the Bowling Pin Match.  

I'll be sure to do that good info thanks

this is ass backwards. I try and follow the by laws and cant get a straight friggin answer from the BOD. Im not driving 50 minutes to a general meeting after work not knowing if ill be denied the badge or not. Plan is now to do a shit ton of matches everywhere and send roddy all my shite asking him "in his opinion" if its sufficient to bring to a meeting for official submission....That should be interesting.

Just to clarify, it's the board meeting you have to go to, not the general membership meeting.

So I had a chance to hit the range with my .45 on Saturday and was even lucky enough to shoot in the pit that has the bowling pin shaped plates. 

.....and all that went through my mind was this..........."They're all gonna laugh at you!"

I guess I gotta start somewhere :-/

So I had a chance to hit the range with my .45 on Saturday and was even lucky enough to shoot in the pit that has the bowling pin shaped plates.

.....and all that went through my mind was this..........."They're all gonna laugh at you!"

I guess I gotta start somewhere :-/

Which pit has the bowling pin plates and what time were you their I got there around 230 and left about 4 I was in the first concrete pit all the way to th left

I had never seen them before either, they were maybe the third pit down to the right of where you were. I was there early.......left by noon. You wouldnt have missed the bowling pin plates.......because when I was done shooting...........they were all still standing LOL

This months newsletter mentioned they made a rack with simulated pins.  Good stuff.

I'm shooting in the ducks unlimited match Saturday with my friend Rich.  You can call him Dr. Richard.  I'm not sure who else is in our squad but am confident they are from the upper echelon of high society.

In between shooting we'll be enjoying virgin mimosa's, which is basically orange juice, and snacking on PB&J (with the crust cut off) finger sandwiches while we speak on very important topics of conversation.  I hope we will have a few spare minutes to break away from our group.  I'm sure someones driver can run us over in the club golf cart to observe the great unwashed participate in your cute event.

: )

I left around 11:15.

I was in the only open 25 yard pit, next to where the cowboy's were shooting. You would have recognized me because I was bent over picking up brass.

lol

Lol I gave hamlet my brass and was laughing thinking about you when I did it. Third pit was taken that's why I didn't see them

Well for me it may be dignity

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Nah.  You're gonna have fun.

I've been thinking about this.

We should get a bunch of us and form a quasi shooting club/team/squad for this event.

You know how the cowboy shooters dress in period costumes?  And the USPSA guys have their brightly colored shirts that make them look like they are going to bike race?

We could all wear like bowling shirts and shit.

Mikeythumbs probably has enough in his closet to outfit the entire team.  :  )

Nah. You're gonna have fun.

I've been thinking about this.

We should get a bunch of us and form a quasi shooting club/team/squad for this event.

You know how the cowboy shooters dress in period costumes? And the USPSA guys have their brightly colored shirts that make them look like they are going to bike race?

We could all wear like bowling shirts and shit.

Mikeythumbs probably has enough in his closet to outfit the entire team. : )

Lmao it we clock all just wear a polo like we are going to the golf club

Looks like we might get rained out I know of it's nasty in the morning I will most likely not be their. Sucks I busy most of the rest of the month so this was my one match to shoot. The 11th is wounded warriors and I leave on the 12-27th so rest of the matches are NG