wink-_-wink

Netflix List

OK so every so often we get one of those random "what should I watch on netflix" posts.  As I watched a new show last night and almost finished it, I thought the same thing, Hmmmm what to watch next!  So rather than the normal post, I will make a list of what I have seen.

First of all, when I watch a series on Netflix, I find that I prefer a story based show rather than episode based.  Shows like Parks and Rec, 30 Rock, and The Office are great but that really isn't the type of shows I am looking for. 

First off, The shows I have seen (that I can remember, with a 1-5 * rating):

-Sons of Anarchy(5*)- watching the new season live

-The Walking Dead(5*)- waiting on new season to start next month

-LOST (5*)

-Dexter (4*)- the first season was hard to get into but this is a cool show

-Revolution (4*)

-The Pacific (5*)

-Generation Kill(5*)

-Prison Break (5*)

-Orange is the New Black (4*)

-Breaking Bad(5*)

-TerraNova (4*)

-Defiance (4*)

-Justified (4*)- This isn't on Netflix, I also use Amazon Prime-

-Once Upon a Time (5*)- Liked this a lot more than I thought I would

-The League (4*)- Episodal but hilarious

-Blue Mountain State(5*)- Episodal but also hilarious

-Jeremiah (4*)

-True Blood (4*)

-Vikings (5*)- Prime

Currently I am watching The Following on Amazon Prime with Kevin Bacon and it is REALLY GOOD!!!!

This is my TO WATCH list of shows that I intend on watching or started and not sure if I want to finish(in random order)

-The Returned

-Continuum

-Luther

-Rectify

-The Killing

-Jericho -Started

-The After-started-on prime (there is only 1 episode right now and it looks VERY interesting, left me wanting more!)

Some shows I am looking at on Prime:

-Under The Dome

-Falling Skies

-Orphan Black

-Grimm

If you have watched any of the shows on my to watch lists please add some input!  Also I would love for everyone else to add their movies in a similar fashion.  Also if you have questions about a show that I have seen and want to ask about it feel free, I'll tell you why I liked it, what I didn't like and all that.  Finally a thread to end all those other what to watch threads!  Also this is a temporary list, I am sure I will remember other shows I have watched and will add them as I remember!

Under the Done was decent for the first 3/4 of the first season.  Then it got kind of stupid (to me).  I stopped watching it after the first season.  2.5 to 3 out of 5 at best. 

Falling Skies is much better than I thought it would be.  Would be a 4 out of 5 for me. 

Grimm is really good if you like that kind of "creature based" storyline.  We are currently watching it, on the 3rd season now and will probably catch up before (or just after) Season 4 comes back.  Solid 4 out of 5 for me.  If you like Once Upon a Time (which we surprisingly did too), and like some darker creature based shows, this is a pretty good bet..

Luther is a great show, as long as you can follow pretty heavy British accents.  Idris Elba is great and the main antagonist is absolutely perfect.  4.5 out of 5 for me. 

The Killing was a no-go for me.  I was SO bored with it after about 3 episodes.  That said, the wife absolutely loved it (she watched it on her laptop).  For me, 2 out of 5 max, the wife would say 4 out of 5.  You will either love it or hate it. 

The Returned - meh... if you are referring to the original French version, this is another one where the wife absolutely loved it and i hated it.  (and this assumed you can stand subtitles - some can, some cant..  we watch a lot of foreign stuff so they dont bother me, i just didnt like the show itself).  If you are referring to the American version (Resurrection) - even more meh..  Even the wife didnt want to watch past the first 2 episodes. 

The After - why bother when there is only 1 episode?  lol

One surprising show that I will add here that you may want to take a look at (and before anyone snickers, its great if you watch it for what it is, not for what you think it should be) is Supernatural.  Yes, its a bit on the cheesy side at points, but it knows it, and it has fun with it.  There are some darker plots in the show, and its another creature based show.  The main characters are pretty likeable, and it can be dark, but it can also be quite humorous.  It's mainly a storyline based show.  It also has 9 seasons (with the 10th about to come back in a couple weeks), so if you like it, there's plenty to watch.

Not sure if you've watch some of the older long running shows like 24, or The Unit or The Wire, but those were all REALLY good shows.  (The Wire was only recently displaced by Breaking Bad as the best show we've ever seen).  Also, there are shows like The Closer (and its add-on "Major Crimes") - which I didnt think I would like, but ended up being a really good show (shows).  Major Crimes is still on and still good.  Criminal Minds is also a great show, but a lot of them are "episode specific" as opposed to longer running storylines (though there are some storylines that meander, most episodes are stand-alone IMO)..

We've watched too many to remember, but those are some of our favorite ones.  I wont comment on the ones you've already watched, as there's no point.  Some of your ratings I agree with, some I dont - but its all preference). 

Second the Americans. I like it more than Breaking Bad.

Luther was very good. Too short.

Orphan Black is pretty good but starting to wear thin as of last season.

I would recommend, if available;

Prime Suspect (BBC, not US)

Life on Mars (BBC, not US)

Almost Human, only one season. Makes me sad.

Torchwood is a spin off of Dr Who and is pretty good, especially the "mini series" Children of Earth

And currently I am enjoying The Intruders in it's first run.

The unit is on prime. A little hokey with the drama side, but the action is really good, and the later seasons step up the plot a bit.

I've always been a fan of stargate, but I'd only suggest it if you like sci-fi.

Band of brothers is a must. And you already mentioned generation kill, which is one of my top favorite shows.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Wire

The Sheild

The Bridge

Over There- I own this on DVD, was one of the most AMAZING shows I have ever seen, was taken off the air- too realistic and I agree that show was SPOT ON!

House of Cards- Couldn't get into this one

Deadwood

the rest I will check out TY!

So I have completed another season of a series.  The show was called "The 100" and oddly I really liked it.  I don't think I would have enjoyed it if I wasn't stupidly bored but it sucked me in.  Basically theres a nuclear war on earth (not shown) and 13 nations shoot people into outter space because the earth won't be inhabitable for 100 years or something like that.  The 13 nations somehow make one giant space station called the ARK and unify and all come together to save the human race.  Ark is overcrowded, adults who commit crimes get "floated" lol I thought that was awesome.   Juviniles go to prison.  Well the council sends 100 juvinle prisoners to Earth to see if it is inhabitable so that they can bring everyone else down to earth.  Kids on earth with no adults, blah blah blah "Grounders" attack guess earth was inhabitable the whole time, season two on TV now.  All in all decent show.

I am halfway done with Salem.... I am not normally one for spooky/horror/freaky stuff but I really am enjoying this show!  It is SOOOOOO messed up! 

I kinda like these little 1-2 season shows because I get to see more of them.  I find myself losing interest when theres 4+ season that I have to go through. Then again, I get mad when I finish season 2 and there are no more!  Anyone else feel like they have seen everything on Netflix?

I haven't seen it mentioned yet. American Horror Story. I'm normally not phased by "horror". AHS gets my panties all in a bunch.

My ex loved that show and watches it religiously. I on the other hand want to claw my eyes out every time its on.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

actually I just got into AHS part way thru last season and really like this season. Didnt realize its a book series and the characters all are recreated thru out the seasons. I was just thinking today after reading article about a script being stolen I need to go back and watch from beginning.

Season 2 of the 100 is much better.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

IS IT!! I really enjoyed that show, the entire idea of it.  I saw that there was a second season on TV right now but im not so big on wait a week to watch.  I watch almost no live TV anymore other than the walking dead.  Ill look into some websites for season 2 tho thanks for the heads up 

IS IT!! I really enjoyed that show, the entire idea of it. I saw that there was a second season on TV right now but im not so big on wait a week to watch. I watch almost no live TV anymore other than the walking dead. Ill look into some websites for season 2 tho thanks for the heads up

I was concerned that the show would be one of those teen dramas that are the rage right now. Season two kids breaking away from that and expanding the "universe" the show exists in.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Being stupid. I can't do it.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

I have been debating this series for a while.  I am not a huge fan of horror as I have always found it pretty stupid. Most horror flicks make me laugh at how bad they are... all the cliche running in the woods, tripping over nothing, nad general horrible decisions.  And then some are just gore... gallons of blood for no reason and it just isnt entertaining to me.  I looked at AHS because people say it isnt typical scary but more of a creep you out scary.

I just finished Salem today and I actually really enjoyed it!  I found myself rooting for the witches actually.  I hate how they ended the last episode but the way they left it open for next season... it should be pretty good.