Sign in to follow this  
Underdog

ATF Forms, Race and Ethnicity

Maybe this has already been discussed here, but I don't recall.  Why does the ATF under this current administration of transparency, nonpartisonship, and devoid of all scandals, questionable behavior, and abuse of power need to know the race and ethnicity of gun purchasers?  The form was changed quietly in 2012 as Obama took his second term and includes a box to check if  you have a hispanic background.  This seems odd since hispanics are such an important voting block, and in particular since these records are not supposed to be kept more than 3 days and ONLY to perform a background check. 

Does anybody know exactly what changes were made and approximately when?  The ATF claims that it has had some race questions on its forms since 1968.

Changes to firearm purchase forms draw strong reaction

The changing of the forms and this line of questioning has been in motion since the Clinton-Gore era.  It has not been included in firearms background checks and has not been manditory before.  Someone must have questioned its relevance to firearms purchasing and not have included it.  Why, now, is it finally being included on these forms?

I wonder when a box to check if you are an NRA member or Tea Party Member will show up? 

Race has been on the form since at least 2001.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/30fnze45dp2if8v/AACxZVJyZYcotlkeNREKA_bya/f4473pt1.pdf

Was not on the form in 1998:

http://www.njguns.com/4473.htm

According to the above, it *is* on the form (1998).  Look at Question 4, page 1.  It may not be a "mandatory choice," or a "check box button" choice, but it's there.

I absolutely think it's wrong to have anything on the form that would not be indicative of the applicant's ability to take possession of the firearm (i.e. "prohibited person," "mental health status," "criminal record," drugs, etc.)...  I still don't understand why, in NJ, the "employer" information is put on the FID & P2Ps. What difference does that make???

Since minority race and ethnicity correlate directly with homicide rates, but inversely with firearm ownership. It's another one of those things that liberals and the mainstream media prefer not to think about. 

If not completely buried, it should appear somewhere like the appendix on page 129 of the annual ATF report, where they hope nobody will notice it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/160223/men-married-southerners-likely-gun-owners.aspx

nizmqqsh2ewwqumlxgij7a.gif

Since minority race and ethnicity correlate directly with homicide rates, but inversely with firearm ownership. It's another one of those things that liberals and the mainstream media prefer not to think about. 

If not completely buried, it should appear somewhere like the appendix on page 129 of the annual ATF report, where they hope nobody will notice it.

http://www.gallup.com/poll/160223/men-married-southerners-likely-gun-owners.aspx

nizmqqsh2ewwqumlxgij7a.gif

What intrigues me is all of the idiots who gave the info to make this poll possible!!!

A stranger calls you out of the blue and asks "do you own a gun or guns?" BIG RED FLAG!!!

The respondent instead of hanging up or refusing to answer says yes! Then the tell them all about their income, race, religion, marital status, political leaning, eduction ETC ETC!!!!

So the caller hangs up a knows the number he called, so can get an address. The woman is unmarried, make $90,000 a year, is white and Christian and owns a gun. A possible target!

I don't tell strangers if I have a gun let alone all the other personal info 7,000+ respondents gladly gave to a stranger on the phone.

We talk about pediatricians daring to ask if we have a gun in house in horror! Yet all these people give up that and  so much more.

Dumb gun owners!  I doubt many here would have answered that poll!!!