Howard

The Ammo Fairy

I have always called UPS the ammo Fairy as they deliver ammo right to my front door.  Well tonight the alternate ammo fairy (FedEx) showed up.  They finally delivered the order I placed on July 10th - yea it got put on backorder a few times.  But at only 4.9 cents a round who am I to complain:

15168644967_54e524bc61_b_d.jpg

It was one of those web deals that was there for about 25 seconds from Sportsman's Guide. I quick placed the order and then said I should get more and when I went back it was gone. Then I got the email it was back ordered and figure I would never see it. But each time they sent an em asking if I wanted to cancel I said no, and it finally just showed up.

It was one of those web deals that was there for about 25 seconds from Sportsman's Guide. I quick placed the order and then said I should get more and when I went back it was gone. Then I got the email it was back ordered and figure I would never see it. But each time they sent an em asking if I wanted to cancel I said no, and it finally just showed up.

Boo hoo it's been at least 3 years since any of my .22lr backorders from SG have panned out. Other stuff yeah, but not .22.

Well my order from 9/30 is marked as shipped but UPS didn't pick it up yet. My guess is a 10/18 delivery after the usual 5 day layover in Hodgkins IL.

I've been waiting for a back order from Midway since January. A bucket of Rem  golden bullets for $64. Someday maybe.

Waiting on a case of Federal 36 HP since january too... keep getting e-mails to make sure my credit card on file will still work. I was surprised they had the cases up for backorder... but it didnt last too long.. and they don't even sell them by the 10 pack anymore. Fingers crossed, it would put me in the green for 22lr for at least 3 years, still working on the last case i bought 3 years ago.

It was one of those web deals that was there for about 25 seconds from Sportsman's Guide.

Haha burp splat Sportsman's Guide cough cough spit. I ordered .22lr from them in 1962 and am still waiting to be notified.

Same here only I ordered from Midway in August of 2013 for mini-mags and before the card expires, they give you a chance to update the expiration date. They then confirm the order as still valid and still on backorder.

I have generally gotten extremely prompt service from Targetsportsusa.com.  They had a good deal on 9mm ammo last week, so I ordered some on Thursday and it was my porch on Saturday.  They seem to have good prices, and always provide free shipping on case orders.  I know some have mentioned having problems with them, but I have ordered from them a lot and have never had any issues.