Carcano

Shipping ammo is illegal to NJ? Samco Global Arms

Contact Samco Global Arms about ordering a case of 7.62x39 Yugo ammo and having it shipped to New Jersey, they told me it's illegal to receive ammo in NJ unless you hold a 01 FFL license, they also said the Yugo SKS rifles are illegal in NJ...

Is this illegal (SKS)? https://www.samcoglobal.com/1-sks.html

Per the website:

NEW JERSEY CUSTOMERS: Firearms sales to FFL '01 dealers only. No sales of Cetme rifles and M59/66A1 SKS rifles. No sales of rifles and pistols to C&R/FFL '03 holders.

NEW JERSEY CUSTOMERS: Sales of Ammunition to FFL '01 dealers only. No sales of Ammunition to Consumer residents of NJ as State Law insist that ID be presented in person. No sales of Ammunition to C&R/FFL '03 holders.

Is this really illegal or is this company just being a **** towards NJ? I'm towards the later.

They are just being overly paranoid.  UPS just dropped a case of 9mm on my doorstep 20 minutes ago.  Not only does it not require a signature, they did not even ring the bell - just drop and run.

No big deal!    They are like others in Free America, They are scared to death to deal with us from NJ. Although there is no reason for it, Its their choice and their loss.

There are many good companies out there to deal with for ammo.

Just keep an eye out for new posts with Ammo deals.

I cant remember the last time I bought Ammo in NJ

That ammo is corrosive and even though it is brass cased not re loader friendly as the primers are Berdan,

I know I shot a ton of it in a Romanian SAR-1 but it was pretty good ammo, I bought it from AmmoToGo (they are 100% NJ friendly) but they have not had it for the last 2 years...

No need to waste your time on retailers who give NJ residents the shaft.

Here is a list of ammo retailers who ship to NJ no problem. Give these guys your business:

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/23968-online-ammunition-retailers-that-will-ship-to-new-jersey/

Thank you for the list, I will check it out when I'm home.

AmmoToGo.com is 100% NJ friendly when it comes to ammo but always looking to try other companies.

I do like Dan's Ammo in PA. They often have good prices and have often given me deals out of the blue after I ordered. They are fast and never a CS issue.

I've only spoken to him by phone never ordered but I might give him a go he has some stuff in stock I'm looking for.

Here is the email they sent me just a few minutes ago:

Dear Sirs,

We have verified and we can only ship SKS rifles to dealers only 01 FFL dealers only.

Thanks

Imi
Manager
SAMCO GLOBAL ARMS, INC
4225 NW 72nd Avenue
Miami, FL U.S.A. 33166
PH#: 1-305-593-9782
FAX#: 1-305-593-1014

Mailing Address
P.O.Box 52-7323
Miami, FL  33152-7323

Any thoughts? I'm still looking for a Yugo SKS :/

What they say is correct. What did you ask them?

I asked them why they would not ship the SKS rifle to NJ as it is legal to own in NJ.

I also asked why ammo is FFL only for NJ buyers, they never addressed the ammo question.

Paul, is the SKS really illegal and is shipping ammo to non FFL's in NJ (from out of state) illegal???

All firearms must go to dealers. The SKS is legal as it stands. Ammo can be sent directly to you. I would not be happy as a dealer to accept ammo for the customer that I did not order.

All firearms must go to dealers. The SKS is legal as it stands. Ammo can be sent directly to you. I would not be happy as a dealer to accept ammo for the customer that I did not order.

The SKS I understand (nothing is really "C&R" in NJ) but the ammo?

I would never ask an FFL to accept ammo, I would not feel right asking that.

This is a Hoboken Miracle, i.e. B.S.

Shortly after purchasing a Russian SKS I found a dealer who delivered 1k rounds of ammo to my front door with no signature.

My advice: When you encounter this B.S. don't waste your time arguing. It's not worth it; just move on. You can find 7.62x39 for cheap without getting an ulcer. 

Samco copied Century's overly paranoid shipping policies. This is just a case of paranoid lawyer misinformation feeding on itself.

They don't have the read the Star Ledger and Lexis legal every morning before they ship 2 cases of ammo to NJ.

Like others said, just go with the people that are cool with it.

Samco copied Century's overly paranoid shipping policies. This is just a case of paranoid lawyer misinformation feeding on itself.

In my line of work (scientific writing) my worst fear is hearing the words "we have to submit it for legal review." That usually means ridiculous delays and absurd objections. One of only two professions (the other M.D.s) who can create work and absurd fees for themselves out of thin air. 

Contact Samco Global Arms about ordering a case of 7.62x39 Yugo ammo and having it shipped to New Jersey, they told me it's illegal to receive ammo in NJ unless you hold a 01 FFL license

Sounds like Samco needs to change their 1968 calender......

The 1968 Gun Control Act required a Federal Firearms License 01  to sell ammo, and ammo could only be bought from dealers in person. The law was thrown out under FOPA 86 as being ineffective and no crimes were said to have been solved with the ammo law. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Firearm_Owners_Protection_Act...

Long and detailed read here.....

http://www.constitution.org/2ll/2ndschol/46hard.pdf