I was driving through Lakewood and surprise, surprise, I got hit by a bumper car driver. He had no registration and only a temp insurance card. I don't have collision, and I'm afraid he doesn't have insurance. He hit me and tried running. I followed him to his house and called the cops. He was given two tickets, no insurance and unsafe lane change. He tried to flip it on me, but the officer wasn't having it. Why wasn't he charged with hit and run? What do I do if he has no insurance?

WTF is wrong with those people? And I don't mean The Jews, I mean Lakewood people. That whole place is a fucking mess, none of them can drive, every car has smashed quarterpanels and bumpers, they don't pick up trash, maintain their properties, It's like Camden on the Jordan River.

WTF is wrong with those people? And I don't mean The Jews, I mean Lakewood people. That whole place is a fucking mess, none of them can drive, every car has smashed quarterpanels and bumpers, they don't pick up trash, maintain their properties, It's like Camden on the Jordan River.

Unfortunately, I have to pass through there as I live in Toms River and need to get to the other side without adding 20 miles to my trip.

I have noticed three distinct problems:

• At night, the Jewish men are come back from prayer service and walk in the streets dressed totally in black.  On the side streets, its almost impossible NOT to hit someone.
  • During the day, mothers have their youngest kids in large strollers or other devices.  Naturally, the stroller is pushed in front of the mother. Unfortunately, they also push them into oncoming traffic, against red lights, from behind parked cars directly into the flow of traffic! 
  • Last but not least, there is a complete and total distain from traffic signs, lights, laws, etc.  Driving is done by trying to get from point a to point be while talking on a cell phone and trying to avoid adding yet another large dent to their growing collection. 

Bottom line.... I may start to drive the extra miles to avoid the town completely. 

Wow, I had forgotten about Lakewood. I used to have to drive through there back in the mid 90's, about once a month.

Its funny, from the sound of it, things haven't changed at all. Maybe even gotten a little worse.

I simply just dont respond or make aware of his comments. Just pretend like he's not there. Other than my prior post acknowledging his existence. I apologize for that. It fuels his large ego with responses. I.e. Porkroll. From what i can gather he's a late middle aged man. 5'8. Or so. Possibly divorced. Worked for for a govt entity of some sort. Got dissed at some time of his life by the authorities. Or possible parent prior military/police. Looking in his mind to make things right. Somehow something went wrong in his life to make him bitter against establishment. Or. Hes just an ahole with stupid ass responses to fuel his ego. That may be more like it. Either way i find him funny. Also he has a drinking/ drug problem as per the timing of his responses. Mipa please respond and put me in line. I apologize if im incorrect.

To the OP --  If the damage is serious enough, you need to contact your own insurer.  Explain what happened.    Two coverages in your own policy may come into play - uninsured motorist property damage and underinsured motorist property damage.  If the other driver has inadequate insurance the second coverage should cover you up to the limits in your policy.  

Good luck. 

You don't have collision so you will have to go after his insurance for a damage claim.  If he does not have insurance then you are out.  Had this claim already.  No collision my insurance company washed their hands of it.  No insurance claim kicks in when he has none but you do for the damage.

I simply just dont respond or make aware of his comments. Just pretend like he's not there. Other than my prior post acknowledging his existence. I apologize for that. It fuels his large ego with responses. I.e. Porkroll. From what i can gather he's a late middle aged man. 5'8. Or so. Possibly divorced. Worked for for a govt entity of some sort. Got dissed at some time of his life by the authorities. Or possible parent prior military/police. Looking in his mind to make things right. Somehow something went wrong in his life to make him bitter against establishment. Or. Hes just an ahole with stupid ass responses to fuel his ego. That may be more like it. Either way i find him funny. Also he has a drinking/ drug problem as per the timing of his responses. Mipa please respond and put me in line. I apologize if im incorrect.

Wow what powers of analysis! From just a few basic clues -- an avatar, a casual comment here and there, the admission of Pennsylvania residence -- you reconstructed his entire life. You should work for the FBI. 

As an insurance agent, a few things at play here and some of these answers you are getting are making my head hurt.

Since they KNOW who it was that hit you, you dont need collision coverage on your policy to have it covered.  If it turns out they didnt have insurance then you can claim it through your under/un-insured coverage.  (thats if you have a standard policy with U/W coverage, if you have a basic policy w/ no U/W coverage then you are screwed).

If they ran, and you didnt catch them, then yes you would need to have it claimed through collision coverage.  But thats not the case here.

I think you should go back to the police to find out why they didnt charge him with a hit and run.  You have every rite to do that.  Also make sure when you get the police report its 100% accurate as to what you believe happened.

Edit: Dollar-a-day is for people on medi-cade (low income) and has NO LIABILITY coverage believe it or not (but still legal...yeah doesnt make sense.. typical shit) .   You should still be able to claim under your own U/W coverage.

Edit: Dollar-a-day is for people on medi-cade (low income) and has NO LIABILITY coverage believe it or not (but still legal...yeah doesnt make sense.. typical shit) .   You should still be able to claim under your own U/W coverage.

Ok, I'm confused then. Presumably it doesn't cover collision, it doesn't cover liability so .. what does it cover? Or is it just tax on the poor that lets them drive uninsured?

Newtonian. Yeah i had fun with it. But you never know. Maybe he's in hiding. The thing about posting comments is you can get alot of personal info on someone if you wanted to. Without them realizing it. Be aware. I do think he's a late night drinker and it fuels him with asinine responses worse than mine.

I wish I could block everything he writes, and not allow him to read anything I write. Dude is a complete waste of life.

Just go into your settings, you can block everything I write. I think I have two people blocked.

That is absolutely amazing. I am a divorced loser with a big chip on my shoulder and let me tell you, I have a lot of people to blame for all of the extensive problems I have. How did you do that? :D

I went to traffic court a few months ago in Howell and half the cases were unlicensed and uninsured drivers who only spoke Spanish. The court didn't have an interpreter so if the couldn't communicate they rescheduled. Those that did speak limited English were given relatively small fines. I was shocked at the percentage of cases were clearly illegal and nothing was done about it.

Who is John Galt?

I am so excited I figured out how to change my signature.

Ok, I'm confused then. Presumably it doesn't cover collision, it doesn't cover liability so .. what does it cover? Or is it just tax on the poor that lets them drive uninsured?

It only covers their own medical bills.  Its pointless b/c medicade would pay anyway.  Its like a bad joke among us insurance professionals.  Best thing is (as evidenced in this thread) if they hit you you cant claim it through their liability so you end up paying a $500 deductible and having to claim it on your own policy.  Its pretty f'd up.