EWC88

Good sources for plane tickets?

I have gone on travelocity, Expedia, Priceline, and Hotwire so far. The best price for flight was Expedia out of those sites I have been on. Wanted to know if any of you guys know any other good websites to check out, or if someone is a travel agent and can give a good deal? Me and my girlfriend are looking at going to Hawaii for two weeks :)

Oh yea don't need hotel just flight.

I usually book online on continentals websight then I check back weekly to see if they have any deals for upgrades. In January my wife and I flew first class to Belize and the first class upgrade was only 75 bucks extra per ticket.  

I rarely see much difference between prices on the major sites, but just recently I did find a much better price on Orbitz than I did on Travelocity or Expedia.

If flexibility allows, you'll usually do much better checking alternate dates and alternate airports rather than just checking alternate sites for the same flights.    Some sites make this easier than others...I think Kayak is good for finding nearby alternate airports with less expensive flights, Travelocity for showing a grid of prices for the same flights on dates adjacent to the ones you selected.

Ok cool thanks guys! I'll have my girlfriend check out what prices would be at some other airports and one other date and we shall see! To be honest the price we saw for round trip ($771 a person) isn't to bad. Now if we going way before thanksgiving it be cheaper but we can't. So far the $771 was for November 18- Dec 2nd, which means fish tacos, my ass on the beach with a beer is my thanksgiving! lol.

www.flights.google.com will show you the price of every airline and every option as far as time of departure once you put in your dates. They also give you bar graphs of how prices fluctuate over time on specific dates. So if you're flexible, it allows you to see that leaving on Tuesday is $100 less than leaving on Wednesday. (Just an example).

Once you've found the cheapest option, you can then click to book directly through the website of the airline you've chosen. You can also filter by airline preference, nonstop, time of day, etc. Really an excellent tool, I use it all the time. Even though I'm always willing to spend a bit more if it means flying out of Newark on United Airlines. I try my best to stay loyal, and the benefits of the United MileagePlus Explorer credit card obviously encourage flying United, and booking directly through them.

Thanks everyone for the input. Me and the girlfriend booked are flights today and we are pretty darn excited! We looked at all differenet times and different airports and leaving from Philadelphia at our original dates (Nov 18th -  Dec 2nd) was the cheapest. I can say after searching flights nonstop I found out the cheapest day to book it was on Wednesday (hint why I did today). My buddy told me when going on expedia and sites like that if you don't clear your history and cookies the sites know you have been on their site and won't change prices to anything cheaper. So I kept deleting everything and monitored it for couple weeks and everytime Wednesday was the cheapest, so a little information for you guys!

Thanks everyone for the input. Me and the girlfriend booked are flights today and we are pretty darn excited! We looked at all differenet times and different airports and leaving from Philadelphia at our original dates (Nov 18th -  Dec 2nd) was the cheapest. I can say after searching flights nonstop I found out the cheapest day to book it was on Wednesday (hint why I did today). My buddy told me when going on expedia and sites like that if you don't clear your history and cookies the sites know you have been on their site and won't change prices to anything cheaper. So I kept deleting everything and monitored it for couple weeks and everytime Wednesday was the cheapest, so a little information for you guys!

That's a bit misinformed on cookie data. Fares are loaded a few times a day and even 3rd party sites will reflect that. 

Either way, Google flights, Hipmunk, and Kayak are still the top dogs in the flight search game.

I'd say Momondo and Skyscanner are absolutely the best at least when it comes to international flights. Mind thought that those are not operating like Expedia and Orbitz - Momondo does not sell tickets by itself, it finds where they are sold the cheapest.

I would highly NOT recommend Travelocity - they customer support is basically the worst I've ever encountered with (but maybe I was just unlucky with them), so should you have any issues with your booking and / or flight there will literally be nobody to assist you (or to say correctly - willing to assist you)...