SJG

Best Indoor Hearing Protection

I need a new pair of ears. What do you think the best protection on the market it for indoor rifle? for pistol? What offers the maximum protection available?

I don't have these personally, but I see a lot of people wearing them.....  Howard Leight Sport Electronic Earmuff...

I don't have these personally, but I see a lot of people wearing them.....  Howard Leight Sport Electronic Earmuff...

I have 2 pair of them and they are a great bang for your buck. (I bought mine when they were on sale at Midway for $37.) BUT... if you're sensitive, plugs under muffs is the only way to go... pretty much no matter what muffs you got.

electronic muffs over disposable 33db NRR foam plugs. It's the best I have come up with for reducing noise and still being able to react to the speech of others on the range. I still wouldn't want to shoot rifle indoors with it more than absolutely necessary, but it tames comped open pistols shooting close by pretty well.