Frank Jack Fiamingo

NJ2AS IS GRASSROOTS - SO WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?

I just wanted to contribute a few words about what a being a "grassroots" organization like the NJ2AS means. It means that the organization is run on passion. No one gets paid. It is an all-volunteer society of amateurs doing their best to make the right decisions about how to fight those who conspire to suppress our right to keep and bear arms. No one in the Society claims to be a genius or to have all the answers. We don't. That is why the more members we have, the better the chance that a new member might have a skill that will make a difference. By definition, grassroots is "of the people". This is not an excuse, this is something to be proud of, and we are. Where there are people, there will always be differences. We try to overcome our differences and move forward. I think we have done a reasonable job for a bunch of amateurs. 

Hey, thanks for listening.

Frank

Well said, Frank!  That reminds me that I need to renew my (and my wife's) membership!  I just got the reminder email last week. 

Keep fighting the good fight and the rest of us will continue to contribute wherever/whenever we can...hopefully more often than not!

Bob, is there financial transparency? If not, why not and what does the organization have to hide?

I wasn't born yesterday so I have learned not to take anyone's word for it when it comes to certain things. Skeptical, yes.

Every legitimate organization shows you the breakdown of where your money goes.

To answer Dan's question. A financial report is distributed to the leaders of the NJ2AS to review Quarterly. We also use a CPA to make sure that we are in compliance with all applicable state laws and that the funds are used to promote the mission of the NJ2AS as stated in our mission statement. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact our CPA at George D'aloia CPA, 2204 Morris Avenue, Suite 202, Union, NJ 07083 (908) 687-7503.

Thank you,

Frank Jack Fiamingo

No one receives a salary.There are no paid employees. All expenditures go to pay suppliers such as printers, UPS, Postage, Paper and Office Supplies, etc. If we attend an out of state rally or conference (something that occurs infrequently), attendees are reimbursed for their room and board and expenses. Most of the expenditures are for meeting space rentals, promotional materials, legal fees (i.e. Operation Establish Compliance), and especially for campaigns like Billboards and the Shaneen Allen campaign. The NJ2AS keeps tight control of its financial information because frankly, we do not wish to share our strength with our enemies. I think that is an extremely prudent way of conducting an organization with a mission such as ours.

There will always be individuals will cast aspersions and use innuendo in an attempt to cast doubt on a legitimate organization. Perhaps they are aligned with the other side, or perhaps they have a personal ax to grind. What you will always find in these situations in the lack of any factual information. How do I know that? Because there isn't any. The cost of membership in the NJ2AS is so low, and membership is completely voluntary. You aren't required to join in order to belong to a range or club. We do not require any particular level of involvement (although we *DO* encourage it) If a disgruntled individual happens to be under the misguided impression that this is not the organization to join, I encourage them not to become a member. For those who understand why we operate as we do, and who have been paying attention, We welcome you with open arms.

Dan,

comments like this do nothing but put doubts in peoples minds, they do nothing to further the cause. or maybe you are doing it

out of spite.

Frank, thanks for all the good work you have been doing.

Thank you, Bob

http://www.charitynavigator.org/index.cfm?bay=search.summary&orgid=4617

http://naturalsociety.com/ice-bucket-challenge-als-foundation-27-percent-donations/

Producing a simple pie chart and distributing it to anyone who asks as well as "individuals who will cast aspersions" goes a long way to legitimizing an organization.  Notice that this image als-association-donations.jpg

doesn't specify EXACTLY where the money goes, it just breaks it into generic chunks and serves to show donors where their dollar goes.  Furthermore, with the ready availability of Excel or Open Office, ANYONE with a modicum of computer education can produce that chart in a matter of minutes.  Just like I did here:

njgfchart_zpsa605a26c.png

Well, while Dan is using Excel to make pretty pictures, We will be doing what we always do. We will be developing additional campaigns to overcome the conspiracy between the three branches of NJ government to suppress our legitimate right to keep and bear arms to protect and defend our Lives, Liberty, Family and Property. Please keep in mind that the NJ2AS is currently the ONLY all-volunteer, grassroots, RKBA organizations in New Jersey.

Well, while Dan is using Excel to make pretty pictures, We will be doing what we always do. We will be developing additional campaigns to overcome the conspiracy between the three branches of NJ government to suppress our legitimate right to keep and bear arms to protect and defend our Lives, Liberty, Family and Property. Please keep in mind that the NJ2AS is currently the ONLY all-volunteer, grassroots, RKBA organizations in New Jersey.

Yeah, well he was just demonstrating how easy it would be to become transparent....   He is allowed to ask the question.  You have the right to defer ..... 

If this thread becomes a cluster because adults cannot seem to communicate like adults, I will just hide it.....  

The NJ2AS is looking for individuals with the strength of character to actually contribute something of value to the mission of restoring the exercise of our right to keep and bear arms. Simply complaining about it (while it is certainly easier) will change nothing. Saying "I can't wait to get out of NJ" is simply an excuse for inaction. If everyone in this forum, the NJ2AS, ANJRPC, NJSFSC, the hunters and sportsmen and so on were willing to get involved or even to VOTE, we would have a very different state. How many of you will be responsible for Cory Booker continuing to represent NJ because you couldn't send $5 to Bell or be bothered to get out to vote in a few weeks? You want to fix a RAT HOLE - first get rid of the RATS!

He is right. We allowed this to happen to us. I hate being a criminal just because I own a gun. And it's only going to get worse. And the politicians count on us being unorganized. They exploit that and continue to push their own agendas because so few of us even go out to vote.

The libs must love the fact that we have people ON OUR SIDE arguing about whether the top NJ pro-2A organization needs to disclose all of the details of its spending instead of having all of them fight WITH this organization against all of the anti-2A politicians and lobbyists!

This is why we are losing the battle.  Our opponents don't care about petty details like this as long as their organizations are pushing back firmly against us.  Our side fights internally over whether we should make Excel charts...Maybe we do deserve to lose our rights.

Disagreements are bound to occur. Until you actually have the responsibility of running an organization like the NJ2AS, you can only guess at the amount of effort that goes into it. The leadership does its best to guide the organization towards completing its mission. That is first and foremost. All of our resources are expended with that mission in mind. Again, this is a non-paid, all-volunteer leadership team. No one is a professional organizer and no one claims to be. We do the best we can with the resources we *DO* have. The more people with talent who decide to get ACTIVELY involved in achieving our goals, the more likely it is that we will overcome the obstacles erected by the three branches of NJ government to suppress our RKBA. Unity is appreciated, but unity with activism is what is needed to get the job done. 

Let's all be honest. Many of you don't like the NRA, NAGR, SAF, ANJRPC, the NJ2AS and so on because you can't agree with 100% of what they do or how they operate. You name the 2A/RKBA organization of your choice, and I will find people who disagree with their policies. If that is the basis of your argument for NOT getting involved, than let's face it - you are simply looking for excuses instead of solutions. 

Hey, y'all can do what you want. I believe in individual Liberty and Responsibility. But you lose any sympathy I may have when *ALL* you do is complain. There are plenty of organizations to join. It doesn't have to be the NJ2AS, but only each of you know whether or not you are actively involved, or if you have thrown up your hands in disgust and given up. If that is where you *ARE* at, we don't want you anyway. There is enough negativity to go around already. The rest of you, please send a few bucks to the candidates of your choice ASAP. Especially Congressional and Senatorial candidates. The Senate especially is infested with anti-gun maggots. We need to find them alternative employment and replace them with those who understand the human right to Life, Liberty, Property and Prosperity. We have not seen that for WAY too many years.

AND PLEASE DO NOT FORGET TO VOTE!

Thank for your ears,

Frank