OfcrFek

SIRT Laser Training Pistol

http://www.amazon.com/SIRT-Training-Weighted-Magazine-Adjustment/dp/B00M9KB5DA/ref=sr_1_3?ie=UTF8&qid=1413442336&sr=8-3&keywords=next+level+training+sirt

Anyone have any experience with one of these at all? Gets some mixed reviews from what I can find online....

It's great for dry fire practice, a lot better than standing there mindlessly pulling the trigger without any feedback.  You can't simulate recoil with any DFP.

As Average Joe notes, the point is working on trigger control.  Plus, you can do a lot of drills with movement, cover and such around your house.

I'm pretty sure there have been other threads on this, so I would suggest you do a search for them, as I'm too lazy to do it for you.   ;)  

They are an awesome training tool if you use it on a regular basis. Regular basis means every day for 10-15 minutes a day. Nothing crazy. Like anything else, if you dont put the time in then you will never reap the rewards.

It takes dry fire practice to the next level. If you shoot a Glock and want to get better at target acquisition, trigger pulls, reloads, transitions, and draws then get one. I recommend the higher priced one with the steel slide. Same weight as a fully loaded G17. It adds to the realism. They arent cheap but think of the money saved on live fire practice. And if anything breaks on it, the company will fix it or replace it for free.

Got one here too. Another use for it is bringing it to the range with you. In between live fire, get some dry fire practice done with the SIRT. Especially if you find yourself getting sloppy with live fire trigger control. It's a great diagnosis tool for what you are doing wrong.

As BullzeyeNJ mentioned, they offer great customer service.