edwill86

freedom reman question

nickel plated brass is supposed to be slipperier than uncoated brass, so it extracts more reliably (not that you see brass sticking a lot these days, but it could) hence why most defensive ammo has it. since they get in random brass (including nickel plated) they just use what they get.

You can't specify what brass you want in reloaded ammo, from FM or anywhere else. You get what they send you, and that may include nickel plated rounds because they reload whatever brass they have on hand. If you want to be assured you have nothing but non-nickel brass, you'll have to buy new ammo.

You can send in any brass you have, including what you just received after you shoot it. The only qualification is that brass you send in must be a caliber that they reload.

Sell the brass here, you'll get more for it and no shipping costs.  Nickel plated is indeed better for function than brass.  Cleans up a lot better too!  Only downside is it tends to flake off the brass sooner than the brass wears out.  I would shoot nickel all the time barring any cost basis

Sell the brass here, you'll get more for it and no shipping costs.  Nickel plated is indeed better for function than brass.  Cleans up a lot better too!  Only downside is it tends to flake off the brass sooner than the brass wears out.  I would shoot nickel all the time barring any cost basis

How much will anyone here pay for it?  I just recently sent them 41 pounds, but will gladly save it for people here if they want it.

thanks guys. i just wanted to make sure they didnt make a mistake.

I like their credit program. if i had the time id sell it here but they make it easy. i sent 14lbs in on a $40 order after shipping my order only cost me 13 and change.  Im still in the testing part of my relationship with FM. seeing how clean everything comes and how it cycles. so far 9mm is a winner. have a few boxes of reman in hp and rn to try now but they all looked pretty clean. only a few spots on some of the RN. then ill try their .223 and 5.56. wish they did 30-30 as well that ammo gets pricey lol . ill def be making bigger orders from them soon. 

FM pays 2.50 per pound for returned ammunition brass. The brass you return can be a mixture of any caliber they reload. Price is only dependent on weight.

The current scrap brass price (for anything brass) is about $1.65/pound.