Mikeythumbs

Unique or Bullseye

I would buy as much Bullseye as possible. The powder has one of the most consistent burn rates at low volume. It meters exceptionally well. There is a popular myth that Bullseye is dirty but that stems from a decades old formula. I've loaded 9mm, 40sw and 45acp with Bullseye, titegroup, W231 and sr7625. For smallest deviation at minor PF loads, Bullseye has served me very well.

Other powders look like they are cleaner but in reality you notice unburned grains flying out of the barrel.

Have experimented with Unique, very good overall but I had to check load weight more frequently. It just did not meter as consistently for me through a Hornady Powder measure.

Bass pro shops has it and I'm in Orlando so I am going to do a ship to store and pick it up while I'm here

Son of a gun...it's there all right.   No limit on purchase that I can see (I was able to add 25 lbs to my cart).     Good to see it's out there, but it's pretty expensive so I didn't follow through on the buy.

Interestingly, it didn't turn up on gunbot.net, even though Bass Pro is one of the sources they reportedly monitor.

thanks for the heads up, just ordered 5 lbs bullseye.

i'll be down there in a couple weeks. :sungum:

when you coming home Mikey? gonna be at members steel next week?

NP and no I get on the train next Sunday get back Monday hopefully be at bowling pin first weekend of November

Let me add a third choice red dot better or worse than bullseye for 9mm and 45 ?

"Worse" probably isn't the right term. It's not a "Bad" powder, just not as versatile a powder for pistol calibers. If you wanted to use the same powder for both pistol and shotshell reloading, Red Dot or Green Dot would be two good choices, and Bullseye would be a "bad" choice, as it's no good for shotshell loads.