Jfoster99

Turkey Shoot for Kids?

3 years ago when I took the kids to get their hunting Licenses at the Clinton WMA a guy mentioned something about a Fall Turkey shoot for kids?

It was a few years ago but i recall him saying something like they stocked the field with turkeys and almost ever kid was guaranteed to get one?

I looked online but don't see anything that matches he what I am remembering.

I may have the details wrong but does anyone know of a kids event for Turkeys around Thanksgiving?

Thank you.... Those "Turkey Shoot" events are likely what they were talking about... Where you shoot at paper targets of turkey and the winners get a frozen turkey as the prize.

If anyone knows of a kids only shoot please let me know... I don't see anything scheduled for the Clinton WMA or anyplace else this year.

It's not turkeys it's pheasants --  I believe it's on Nov. 2 -- Not sure if it's too late to sign up but you must sign up -- they can only take 50 kids at clinton

Birds are stocked -- kids get a guide and get to hunt over dogs -- I'm sure it's a great time for them

Might want to try and give the division a call...

It's not turkeys it's pheasants -- I believe it's on Nov. 2 -- Not sure if it's too late to sign up but you must sign up -- they can only take 50 kids at clinton

Birds are stocked -- kids get a guide and get to hunt over dogs -- I'm sure it's a great time for them

Might want to try and give the division a call...

Yes... That's it.. Thank you, thank you... I'll call tomorrow and see how to register.

Yes... That's it.. Thank you, thank you... I'll call tomorrow and see how to register.

Page 24 of the current Digest: http://www.state.nj.us/dep/fgw/pdf/2014/dighnt14.pdf

Register by mail was to have been postmarked Oct. 8th. Responses were to be mailed back by today. However, you may have missed the guided morning portion, but afternoon's (after 1PM) are open to anyone and Flatbrook and Assunpink are open all day to anyone.