emptyshell

Utah and Florida CCW

I got my Florida ccw when I was in Florida,  took the course at a training academy, and went over the Dept. of Agriculture and they did all the work.(application, prints, photo)   I got my permit in 5 weeks ,   I also have an Arizona ccw, but I am in Florida more than Arizona,  with both permits I can carry in 31 free states.

I have a Utah and it's up for renewal in September. I suppose I should keep it current, should national reciprocity go through.

i would imagine if it did....one would think that non resident permits would become extinct and only resident permits would be recognized ... thus closing another sinister "loophole" lol not to mention id think nj would build a great wall along the borders before issuing permits to john q public

This is a bummer to see. Just checked the web site:

We have completed our initial review of your application and determined that it is incomplete. We have mailed a letter to you explaining this issue. This letter will include detailed instructions for resolving the matter.

I wonder what exactly was incomplete because I filled everything out at GFH after an NRA class.

I had the same problem with Florida.  Wound up being a problem with my printer when I downloaded the Fla application.  The last line of a page didn't print where it asks the notary for some info.  My printer didn't print that line but the rest of the page was fine so I didn't notice it.

I got the letter after calling them at the 3 1/2 month mark and still hadn't heard anything.  I sent the corrected page back in and it took another 3 months for my license to show up.

I did mine at GFH, they had the Florida packet there for me. Jimmy filled out everything on his end, and checked my application over. You could have missed one box on the app possibly?

Possible. I guess we'll see when I get that letter. Sucks b/c I'm sure this won't get sorted out for my trip to NC in Sept.

Possible. I guess we'll see when I get that letter. Sucks b/c I'm sure this won't get sorted out for my trip to NC in Sept.

My father in law is a FL resident his permit was just approved after a 10 week wait. He's still waiting for his card to arrive in the mail. They're backed up right now apparently.

You could always apply for Arizona non resident CCW. Paperwork is a bit easier then Florida, and it'll double your chances of getting a CCW permit back before your trip

Any places in central jersey that does all? I'm in the Toms River area

Check out Green Academy of Personal Protection aka GAPP. Cameron puts on a very informative class that gets everything done in 1 day (except for what paperwork you're responsible for handling) www.gappnj.com