302w

M1 Lubriplate Grease Pot alternative

I was reassembling my Carbine last night and I decided I don't like Hoppes grease (too thin), and I found a random Lubriplate (the yellow stuff, not brown) M1 grease pot. I like the stuff. Anyone know where I can buy Lubriplate or something like it? In person, not online.

I'm looking for a good gun grease. I would use wheel bearing grease but the stuff would be like molasses in winter. Generic automotive grease is also a nogo because I hate the tubes it comes in. I think White Lithium has a very thin viscosity like Hoppes, it has been awhile.

I liked Tetra, but the grease itself separated in the tube after a few years.

M1 carbines were made to run on oil. Google FL 23-7. Thats why they have an oiler as part of the sling system not a greasepot. I've used Mobil 1 grease on my Garands for years pi. It keeps it's viscosity in any temperature I've shot a Garand in, is cheap, and always on hand.

Get a large syringe from the drug store, fill it with grease from the tube, and your application issues are solved.

Any grease will keep a Garand running. Some sound sexier than others but they all work. If you apply the grease properly it will run in any cold weather you can stand. See the CMP forum for how and where to lube.

You shouldnt have any problems with M1 carbines and grease because you should be using oil.

Any grease will keep a Garand running. Some sound sexier than others but they all work. If you apply the grease properly it will run in any cold weather you can stand. See the CMP forum for how and where to lube.

You shouldnt have any problems with M1 carbines and grease because you should be using oil.

I was reassembling the trigger group. The mag catch needed some grease. It was using cosmoline for grease prior. Everything else gets CLP.

I'm still on a quest for milsurp Breakfree CLP. The new stuff has a funny smell and the non-breakfree stuff doesn't smell the same either. Not that it makes any difference, but it is what I am used to.

Frog Lube might be the best smelling product on the market. It also comes in these real handy small plastic tubes to keep in your pistol grip, butt stock pouch or any other orifice you desire. Keep a tub on the workbench and some tube in range bags etc. LA Police Gear and other places sell it for about a dollar a tube. For a couple of dollars, its nice to have these little tubes stashed about.

http://www.amazon.com/FrogLube-CLP-Paste-Squeeze-Pack/dp/B00MXDISEM/ref=sr_1_10?s=sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1414850289&sr=1-10&keywords=frog+lube+paste