Vlad G

Tactical clownshoes

Obviously there is something wrong with him. He seems to be a few rounds short of a full mag if you know what I'm saying...

That may not be fat on his body. I may be a first aid kit packed with 4x4 gauze pads "in case" anything were to ever happen to him...

Why? Why would you post this?

I just got my blood pressure under control. Then I watched this and all of my blood just shot out of my nose.

I hate Yeager with the fire of a million burning suns. Seeing that stupid disgusting fat body there doing all that stupid stupid stupid shit only made it worse.

We are all now dumber for having watched that. You are a bad person, I award you no points, and I damn your black heart Vlad. My God have mercy in your soul.

I love the spin at the end of every drill. Its like redneck ballet

lmao...i always love the youtube operators and their slow head turns.....then the "instructor" adds his twist and its a complete upper body twist ...in the same slow motion...and then the rodeo clown in this video...does the super slow motion tippy toe pirouette ........maybe they think the super slow motion makes them uber tactical....hahaha and why is it all of the students and instructors are big fat slobs?....shouldnt that be a red flag to potential students?

The scariest part about this whole video is that Grebner is an "instructor", yet he seems to have NO aptitude whatsoever while handling a gun. For someone who is ostensibly a self-taught "expert", he's very unsure when handling a gun. I've seen first timers at public ranges who are more comfortable handling a gun than he is.

Another thing, i know that James Yeager/Tactical Response is well-known, but are they well-regarded in the training/tactical world? Based on this video, it seems like they teach some really dumbshit stuff. The redneck ballet that BLF describes is one of those techniques that is an exaggeration of real-world tactics (turn and scan). It seems to me that the 360 twirl is to make the Tactical Response training, "different" than all the others, and therefore nonsense.  Also the "cycle the slide every time you reload" technique is, to me, questionable at best. My logic would be that expending one round every mag change isn't worth it, because if the trigger is pulled on a dead chamber, the remedial action would be to power-stroke the slide to chamber a round.

Finally, the crouch and pick up dropped mags technique seems silly. He describes the course as a "fighting mindset" course; on what planet would there be time DURING a gunfight to crouch, and feel around the floor for expended magazines?

Rarely, if ever, will you see me stand square to my target. During REAL use of force training, we were taught to present the smallest target possible while maintaining control of our weapons. I usually stand on a 45 degree angle with my weak side facing the target. Less chance of being hit and, if you are hit, it will be on your weak side.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

This article came up when I googled this so-called school: http://www.14news.com/story/20559778/tn-firearms-instructor-gains-attention-from-youtube-rant

Quote:

"According the Tennessee Department of Safety, Yeager is not a certified instructor. When asked about that, he said he allowed his license to expire.

The state also said Tactical Response is not a department-certified school."

I think he gained 30 lbs in the year since..

But back to real issues. So he had a 1911 which has a hair trigger. I watched the slo-mo. He was finger out until the lift. Do you guys think he was condition zero carry? If he was 1 it would not have happened? Was he taught to carry zero? Are 1911s taught to carry zero?

( please lets not have this drift to Glock carry or whatever, I'd like to know what went wrong here (besides his mustache). Was this shooter error or hardware error? ( cond zero vs 1)

I'd say the primary reason is because he is an idiot.

I can't tell how his gun was holstered, but when I draw a 1911 my thumb is on the safety and it clicks off when I'm about a third up. My point with that is that he could take the safety off at any time, including as soon as his hand hit the gun

If I had to guess his problem was bad trigger finger discipline combined with a shitty holster, wrapped together in his generalized idiocy.

Grebner makes me physically uncomfortable to watch. He literally does not handle a gun competently. Simple as that. Guns are difficult to master, yes. But MOST people can handle them safely and with some degree of confidence.

Grebner? He looks like a drunken uncle whose only gun training came from watching "Commando" in the '80s, but considers himself some sort of firearms expert. You know the type, the one who muzzle sweeps everyone in the room with his finger on the trigger, and yells "I know what i'm doing!" when you try to correct him.

The scariest part about this whole video is that Grebner is an "instructor", yet he seems to have NO aptitude whatsoever while handling a gun. For someone who is ostensibly a self-taught "expert", he's very unsure when handling a gun. I've seen first timers at public ranges who are more comfortable handling a gun than he is.

Another thing, i know that James Yeager/Tactical Response is well-known, but are they well-regarded in the training/tactical world? Based on this video, it seems like they teach some really dumbshit stuff. The redneck ballet that BLF describes is one of those techniques that is an exaggeration of real-world tactics (turn and scan). It seems to me that the 360 twirl is to make the Tactical Response training, "different" than all the others, and therefore nonsense. Also the "cycle the slide every time you reload" technique is, to me, questionable at best. My logic would be that expending one round every mag change isn't worth it, because if the trigger is pulled on a dead chamber, the remedial action would be to power-stroke the slide to chamber a round.

Finally, the crouch and pick up dropped mags technique seems silly. He describes the course as a "fighting mindset" course; on what planet would there be time DURING a gunfight to crouch, and feel around the floor for expended magazines?

Most instructors out there are really just "Counters". They count the holes in your target and if you have a number that is acceptable to them, you are "good to go". They have no ideas past yelling "FRONT SIGHT PRESSSS!!!" on how to measure what they teach and just recite, demo, and have their students perform drills. Very few truly understand the HOW, even less under stand the WHY, and maybe a handful can teach you WHEN to use proper TTPs in a gunfight.

Yeager is NOT well liked in professional training circles, at least by the folks I know. When he first started he was allegedly decent and relevant. What he teaches now is silly. It's DELTARANGERSEAL Band Camp. It makes him a shit-ton of cash I am sure, but it is not grounded in reality. Just look at that Kabuki Theater Scan & Assess he advocates.

As usual, Vlad is right:

d2796c1a24362c6b786c2ec8fda52c7b.jpg

Rarely, if ever, will you see me stand square to my target. During REAL use of force training, we were taught to present the smallest target possible while maintaining control of our weapons. I usually stand on a 45 degree angle with my weak side facing the target. Less chance of being hit and, if you are hit, it will be on your weak side.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

Tex? Is this you?

What you wrote makes no sense. I think you forgot part of your statement.

"Present smallest target possible when behind cover."

You end a fight by getting critical hits on your adversary before they do it to you. You do that by being in the best shooting position you can while maximizing the use of any available cover and moving to a position of advantage.

Turning 45* to your threat leading with your weak side? Really? Why?

Stand up from your computer and draw your "finger gun". Pretend your monitor is your threat. Position your body so that your support side is towards the computer at a 45* angle. How is that helpful? You are maybe 10% slimmer by the time you twist your shoulders to get get two hands in a pistol/rifle, but tremendously out of sync in terms of balance which translates to speed, accuracy, and mobility - the three things that will keep you alive in a gunfight.

Try to maintain that position while shooting accurately on the move and see how that works.

Getting hit anywhere in the torso, including weak side, is bad. Turning 45* doesn't do much of anything to mitigate the effects of a torso hit, except making it harder to shoot. You are 3D not a slice of paper. Real bullets penetrate your flesh and organs, they don't stop on the surface like a sim round. Turning 45* doesn't change the position of your heart or lungs from your targets point of view, especially when you are twisting back around to get two hands on the gun. In fact, offering the weak side of your torso can make it easier to hit all 3 with one shot.

If you are wearing any armor you just turned the weakest part of your torso - namely the area above your waist and under your armpit into the primary hit zone for your opponent.

If you want to provide a smaller target to your enemy, use cover and/or gain distance.

Rarely if ever will you see me standing still, and when I do I am square to my threat in the best possible shooting position I can get my body into, maximizing available cover from a position advantage, and running that trigger like mad-man giving my opponent the bees.

Ever watch Arrested Development or The Office and there was a scene so awkward and cringe-inducing that it made you squirm in your seat?  This was worse.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can buy that tactical tank top he's sporting?  I'm going to wear it to my next USPSA match.

On a side note, does anyone know where I can buy that tactical tank top he's sporting?  I'm going to wear it to my next USPSA match.

I believe a DQ would be appropriate under rule 10.6.1 for violating rule 5.3.1

5.3.1 The use of offensive or objectionable garments is not allowed. The

Match Director will have final authority in respect of what garments

competitors are allowed to wear.

10.6.1 Competitors will be disqualified from a match for conduct which a

Range Officer deems to be unsportsmanlike. Examples of unsports-

manlike conduct include, but are not limited to, cheating, dishonesty,

failing to comply with the reasonable directions of a Match Official, or

any behavior likely to bring the sport into disrepute. The Range Master

must be notified as soon as possible.

OK, You guys are talking about what I am assuming is an ND involving a trigger and a holster.  My brian ceased up at the WTF at about 1:26. IT appears to me while doing the rear sight slide rack he puts a round into the ground because his technique slams his finger across the trigger. That's just a pile of stupid, and has nothing to do with a holster. I missed another one? 

This guy sucks so bad it hurts. 

He shoots himself due to bad technique drawing from a holster, but still considers himself to be an "expert". ALWAYS ALWAYS do research on the "firearms instructors" before you pay money for one of their courses. And IMHO, stay away from anyone who is associated with James Yeager/Tactical Response.