Vlad G

Tactical clownshoes

He does it in almost every video I have seen of him recently.

my uncle just took a handgun class with him.  i'll have to ask how it was.  travis' current videos do seem to be missing that, especially compared to the pat mcnamara videos.  that dude just scares me though

Here he is running the 2-2-4-2-2 drill

https://instagram.com/p/_F75rpnH80/

Better than I could do

Very fine shooting. Guy is smart. Made a character for youtube entertainment which is racking him in for free google money. I need to find an idea to record myself with my collection and have it go viral on youtube lol.

Every video he makes is just as good as the last.

That's my favorite. "Don't want the foot long inside the phuc long"

This just made my whole week.  I thought the Phuc Long Haley AK Reload video was funny, this one had me in tears.    Thanks for posting this!

my uncle just took his D5 handgun class.   he said that travis stressed you need to get another sight picture and reset the trigger.  

I'm pretty sure the gun insists that you reset the trigger. If you are riding the disconnect it won't go bang. 

Yeager and Tactical Response latest and greatest:

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=1168813

I am creating this thread as a "last resort" after reasonable attempts (by me and others) to contact Tactical Response for comment and clarification had failed.

It is my opinion that firearms training organizations should err on the side of being overly communicative when it comes to safety and incidents where student safety are or have been jeopardized.

I am not reporting the following events as fact at this time, rather as a report from a trusted source, but still awaiting confirmation, denial or clarification from those that have first-hand knowledge.

So, as reported to me:

During the recent (Feb 17-18) Tactical Response "Fighting Pistol" course near Sacramento, an instructor instructed the students to throw their pistols on the ground, then the instructor proceeded to stomp on the pistols to make some point along the lines of "these things aren't meant to be pretty, they're meant to be tools, so treat them as such" (quotes mine). He then threw his own pistol onto the ground and stomped on it--resulting in a round being fired parallel to the line of students, into a student's truck, with a possible ricochet towards who-knows-what.

Now, we can discuss the validity of that exercise (do we need to?), but my central issue here is that when the Tactical Response was questioned both privately and publicly about the incident (by me and others), emails were not responded to, comments on various social media outlets were deleted, etc.

As I mention above, if you are in the firearms training business, your students and potential students are entitled to know the operative safety protocols while training with your organization. In turn, the students should be aware of failures of these protocols and efforts to remediate these failures. If these simple concepts are ignored, you are probably dealing with an unsafe (by definition) organization.

Some of these guys wear clownshoes, but not 511 clownshoes, they are down to pay-less bogo sale clownshoes. They are not even wearing them ironically.

You stomp on my personal property, there might be man talk. If you are the type cretin who treats loaded firearms in that fashion you should be run out of town.

• Like 1