wink-_-wink

XBox One LOL

So I am thinking of getting an X1 for the kids (and me but whatever don't judge).  I saw the new CoD edition comes with 1T of memory which is INSANE! especially with the Cloud storage but whatever.   So anyway I am on Amazon looking at different versions and what not and I see that the connect is about $150 added on so it makes sense to get a bundle.  Then I see the Tin Foil Hat for the connect here:

710gnXm5JxL._SL1500_.jpg

Followed by an AMAZING review!

"289 of 341 people found the following review helpful

1.0 out of 5 stars Doesn't work, Kinect saw me rubbin one out December 8, 2013

By Adrian Wiggans

Doesn't work, Kinect saw me rubbin one out. Save your money. It watched me at my weakest. Don't listen to fake reviews"

HAHAHAHH

Gold!

Anyway, any X1 guys out there?  I messed around with the demo in the store but no main title games were in there so it was like Lego themed games... I don't care about graphics for a Lego game!  I wanted to see Titanfall, CoD, Destiny (heard it sucks), Sunset Overdrive, or anything that would require some decent graphics. 

Also found out this has a blu ray which pretty much sold me on it.  So what are your opinions, what games are amaze-balls and which should be steered away from.... lol caught me rubbin one out! 

I have the non kinnect version. There is still a limited catalog of games but I like it. My kid plays plants vs zombies garden warfare which is an awesome game and I got destiny when I bought it. So far no complaints and the price is supposed to drop again.

Told the wife, no more 360 games ( even tho I pre ordered COD, Borderlands, and Destiny) i didnt pick any up, just going to change them to the X1 version and trade in all my 360 stuff to game stop for garbage credit.  I don't think I NEED the 1T CoD version but I think I will get one of those Kinnect versions.  The kids really liked the 360 kinnect games and my 3 year old LOVES the dancing games so I figure that is what I am going with.  Probably wait until mid-late november and see what they offer towards black friday deals and christmas bundles.

Xboner owner here. 

It's a great system, I love how it can signal both my HDMI receiver and TV to turn on and off along with it, but Jesus H. Christ am I ever sick of the effin' updates. 

I'm a busy guy, so I only turn it on 2-3 times a week.  It seems like every time I sit down to do something with it, something is updating, either the system, an app (netflix/skype) or a game.  So I give myself an hour to watch something on Netflix and by the time I'm done watching update screens I have half an hour left...

I do like the Kinect camera for Skype sessions.  You can walk around the room and it zooms/pans to follow you.

I've had the XB1 since it came out and LOVE it!  I use it as the main hub for my entertainment system and use the voice commands with the Kinect to control my TV and other functions about 90% of the time.  I love not needing to use a remote to control the TV (Change channels, turn up/down the volume, record stuff and etc, etc,).  The games I've gotten so far are pretty awesome and my kids also love it too.  A lot of the PS4 fanboys will brag about how the PS4 has more powerful hardware... but I'm completely satisfied with the XB1.  All the media hub functions it gives you, in addition to gaming, just can't be beat.

I am looking at getting a system (PS4 or Xbox) and not sure what to get. I have been a die hard PS person, but have played Xbox and like it. My only issue is I still can't get use to the Xbox controller! Maybe more time with it I'll get the hang but who knows.

I've had the XB1 since it came out and LOVE it!  I use it as the main hub for my entertainment system and use the voice commands with the Kinect to control my TV and other functions about 90% of the time.  I love not needing to use a remote to control the TV (Change channels, turn up/down the volume, record stuff and etc, etc,).  The games I've gotten so far are pretty awesome and my kids also love it too.  A lot of the PS4 fanboys will brag about how the PS4 has more powerful hardware... but I'm completely satisfied with the XB1.  All the media hub functions it gives you, in addition to gaming, just can't be beat.

Are the voice controls better than the 360?  When we watch netflix on the 360, you have to Yell in a stern and very certain accented voice to get it to respond correctly.  I was always more of a PS guy but I gave it up and now I love my 360 and couldnt go back.  Considering how much my wife loses the TV remote, this might be great for her!  My kids will love the kinnect.  I am 90% sure I am getting one.

I like my XBONE. Is it the perfect system, no, but it does what I need. They did all this work to make it an integrated media center, mine plays video games and many netflix. The voice commands are better, at least the basic ones, record, unsnap etc...

I'm still playing destiny a lot. Repeating the same strikes and farming for upgrades does get old but when I get bored I switch it up with some crucible. Is destiny the best game ever, no, is it far better then a lot of games, yes, at least imho

Are the voice controls better than the 360?  When we watch netflix on the 360, you have to Yell in a stern and very certain accented voice to get it to respond correctly.  I was always more of a PS guy but I gave it up and now I love my 360 and couldnt go back.  Considering how much my wife loses the TV remote, this might be great for her!  My kids will love the kinnect.  I am 90% sure I am getting one.

Yes, much better.  You do have to run the calibration for the Kinect so it will work most effectively.  The only issue is that I have a 6 yr old and a 7 yr old and they are always making a ton of noise, so if there is a lot of background noise going on, it will not work as well and you may have to repeat the command once or twice with a louder voice.  But when everything is calm in the living room, it works awesome!

call of duty is for wannabes and little kids apparently. i play battlefield and titan fall. 65" 4k led tv with a bose and life for the recently divorced is good.

+1000... Battlefield 4 rocks and Titanfall is fun as hell.  I've been playing Diablo 3 lately though, when I find the time to play a little.

Couldn't have said it better. 

I am looking at getting a system (PS4 or Xbox) and not sure what to get. I have been a die hard PS person, but have played Xbox and like it. My only issue is I still can't get use to the Xbox controller! Maybe more time with it I'll get the hang but who knows.

I used to hate the PS controller, but I got a PS4 for my birthday this month and I'm starting to like it.  Both controllers are still crap compared to the mouse and keyboard though.  I can't imagine playing Titanfall with a controller.

As for Destiny, I'd wait until they release a game of the year edition.  There just isn't enough content in it to justify spending $60 on it.  It's a cool game, but I'd definitely pass on it if you have limited time to play game considering you have grind like crazy to get any equipment that's worthwhile.