Geno

Choosing where to buy..

Please help me to choose the store where to go to buy handgun.

Looking for pocket 9mm and .380. Would like to see some variety and customer service.

Want to give business to local guys, but not to get overchaged too much.

I am in Bergen county, so somewhere within an hour drive.

I am not going to Bullethole.

Thanks.

My last purchase was a single stack 9mm. I literally walked out of two bergen county area shops due to extremely poor customer service. I ended up at RTSP and was impressed with both the selection and service I received! It is worth it to at least check them out before buying!

My last purchase was a single stack 9mm. I literally walked out of two bergen county area shops due to extremely poor customer service. I ended up at RTSP and was impressed with both the selection and service I received! It is worth it to at least check them out before buying!

Let me guess. Meltzers is one?

Actually no, I never even made it there because of some of the negative feedback I read here.

I have never had a bad experience at Meltzer's.  NEVER.  Odd I guess but they've been nothing but helpful.  I think their transfer fees are nuts but...

I have never had a bad experience at Meltzer's.  NEVER.  Odd I guess but they've been nothing but helpful.  I think their transfer fees are nuts but...

I'm glad you had good experiences! I have never been, and have been very pleased with the selection and service at RTSP, so that is what i recommend. I really like shooting there too so I doubt I'll go anywhere else.

Please help me to choose the store where to go to buy handgun.

Looking for pocket 9mm and .380. Would like to see some variety and customer service.

Want to give business to local guys, but not to get overchaged too much.

I am in Bergen county, so somewhere within an hour drive.

I am not going to Bullethole.

Thanks.

Oak Ridge Firearms on 23 in Oak Ridge/Newfoundland and Mastadon in Highland lakes both will give you great customer service and both are within an hour.   I'd call both before you go to see if they might have something you want.

I also never had a bad experience at Meltzers, my only quibble is their pricing which is on the high side.  Customer service wise, they're great.

Jim Flynn's Truck Repair in Glen Gardner (about 6 miles off of exit I-78 , Exit 17)...it's a bit of a drive but his prices are hard to beat.  I just picked up a brand  new LC9 for $390 out the door.  Heritage Guild was $419 before any fees/taxes were added.

For that particular gun, I wouldn't call RTSP prices high.   The RTSP out the door price (according to GOG) is $390.60.  The only dealer listed in the area with a lower price is Jim Flynn's at $379.32 out the door.  Depending on where you live and if you can get there between 8am & 5pm M-F, it may not be worth the drive/time to travel to Glen Gardner to save $11.28.  Fortunately, I live 5 miles from Jim's so it's not a problem for me.

I refuse to make any purchases at Meltzers' the staff is not knowledgeable, condescending and have no interest in making a sale...... rather they are more interested in eating it seems. Also if you are under 50 they have no interest in your business..

I purchased from RTSP a number of pistols, a number from frank at SILVER BULLET and a whole bunch from Jim at ACTION SHOOTERS in Haledon (highly recommend).  

Sadly, Otomanelli's is VERY VERY overpriced, otherwise nice people....