GlastonburyNative

Did I luck out with Bass Pro Shops?

I saw a deal for bulk .22lr on their website and not knowing they don't ship to NJ, I placed an order.  I received an order confirmation yesterday. Today, I received a tracking number indicating the item has shipped.

Have they changed their policy or am I pretty much setting myself up for a cancelled order in the near future?

I'm guessing you lucked out, unless someone is particularly vigilant in their warehouse - they should have halted the sale from continuing once you put in a shipping zip code in NJ, or just NJ as the state.

Watch the tracking info.  If it moves at all beyond "electronic notification" then chances are good you're going to get it.

I'm guessing you lucked out, unless someone is particularly vigilant in their warehouse - they should have halted the sale from continuing once you put in a shipping zip code in NJ, or just NJ as the state.

Watch the tracking info.  If it moves at all beyond "electronic notification" then chances are good you're going to get it.

Wait - did you order anything else in the order? -

Nope.  I only ordered the ammo. We'll see where this goes.  

Maybe their "policy" changed as they have two stores opening in NJ, one in AC and another in Sayerville.

Actually as far as I know them opening a store in NJ would preclude them from shipping to NJ residents. Any FFL holder in NJ can not ship ammo to instate residents 

I'll vent about running out of luck at Cabelas. I'm headed to Boston, realized the east Hartford Cabelas was almost on the way, and diverted. More ammo than I've seen in a decade, pretty good prices. I was set to leave with 1000 trap loads (cheaper than I can load them for) plus assorted .223 and the CCI std vel .22lr I can never find. No limit! Then I found out about the #*%!! 2013 CT law that restricts ammo purchases to CT residents with a permit. I almost cried. I'm still pissed off.

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By My1stGlock
      Cabelas has the Federal Champion Bulk Pack 325 rounds @ $17.99. Must buy 5 boxes and apply the code "57SALUTE" at checkout for 10% off and FREE shipping. Net cost on 5 boxes is $89.95 delivered! Code expires 5/29/17. Hurry and get them or use the code for whatever else you want.
      http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product.jsp?productId=1281984&categoryId=0&parentCategoryId=0&subCategoryId=0&indexId=0&itemGUID=4d76279cac10845248cd1d28faf3b267
    • By Jag07
      Been looking to get into the rifle world but don't want to spend the money associated with moving to 5.56/.223 I know it is pretty cheap but .22lr is even cheaper. I want something bolt action for accuracy and to force a little more discipline on the trigger and ammo use. I like something that other people don't really have which is why for my handgun I went FNX 45 and not a 1911 or Glock. ( I am definitely getting a 1911 someday though, just too damn pretty not to get one). I have started a poll with some that I have come across that fit my criteria, albeit flexible criteria.

Magazine fed
      Bolt action
      Preferably wood stock
      iron sights( not necessary)
      Good looks, let's be honest not one wants to shoot the Ford Edsel of the gun world ( cough Glock cough)

Please feel free to add in some that I have over looked to add to my frustration and confusion. But it will be appreciated advice. Thanks in advance for the votes and advice.
    • By Jag07
      I was lurking around the forum the other day reading about someone looking for a rifle and the name Sako came up. So I inevitably took a look and found their Sako quad range 22lr rifle,which actually has 3 other interchangeable caliber barrels.

http://www.sako.fi/sakoquadmodels.php?range

So has anyone had hands on or know someone that has hands on? Is it worth the money? I think it is in the 1000 range sans optics. I think the thing is beautiful but is the beauty worth that much? I also like bit because it does not seem big around here from my lurking experience, partly from price I would guess. I like the unique or no one else has it factor.

Thank for your help guys.
    • By NicePants
      Hey guys. I've been thinking of getting a new stock for my Glenfield model 60, but on the website for Boyd's stocks it says their stocks are only inlet for newer styled trigger guards. Are trigger guards off the newer model 60s compatible with a Glenfield 60?
    • By MandM
      Yesterday the stars aligned and I finally got a 10/22.

A couple things had to happen for it to go down the way it did. I've been debating getting one for quite a while, but it was fighting a couple other guns for which one would be bought next. So... yesterday, while chatting with my buddy who was also contemplating buying one, I decided if I wanted one... it had to be the 10/22 Tactical (model 1230).

So, for laughs, I started calling around to see if anyone had one or if I needed to order or find it another way. Meltzers, no go. Couple carbines and takedowns and that's it. Woodland Park... close, but still no. (They had a 10/22 Stainless target, which my buddy ended up snapping up yesterday, but no Tactical.) RTSP... "Sure. We have one in stock." 

Hearing that, I texted my girlfriend... fully expecting her to tell me that I had to wait (wait for her to come with me, wait for christmas, wait for my birthday or wait till H-E-L-L freezes over... or something.)... and much to my amazement, she told me to go buy it! So... off to RTSP I went. (Which was nice anyway, I hadn't been since the reopening.) 

Got it home, read the manual, disassembled it, did my usual familiarization stuff... and then I went looking for a scope. Couldn't break the bank, but I needed something (no fixed sights on this model). Did some googling... SWFA has the BSA Sweet 22 3x-9x for $40! (I'm not really sure why... because Midway and Amazon have the exact same scope listed for $99, but for that price... even if it is junk... I'll put it on my pellet gun..) So that's on it's way now... should be here soon (FedEx says Wednesday.).

Initial impressions: I like the Hogue Overmould stock. I really like the look and heft of the 16" bull barrel. (My girlfriend remarked that it looked like a shotgun with the heavy barrel profile.)

It's about 7lbs... heavier than the carbine model, but it also feel much more substantial. The included bipod (Shooter's Ridge Rock Mount 6"-9") is ok. Nothing fancy, but it should work just fine. So far, the extra initial expense seems comparable to buying a standard carbine and swapping the stock and barrel and everything else so only time and rounds down range will tell.

Can't wait to get it out to the range! After shooting I'll expand on my impressions. (Quick crappy cell phone pic for now.)